- duration 26 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Entrance ticket or transfer
- HIke up Mount Ijen and witness the amazing blue fire
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Dinner and lunch inlcuded
- Small group ensures personal service
Start your tour to Mount Ijen with pickup in the late afternoon from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran or Nusa Dua. Departing from your accommodation, you'll be transferred to Gilimanuk Harbor in West Bali, crossing the sea on a 30-minute ferry ride and arriving in East Java around midnight. You will be driven directly to the starting point of your guided mountain trek, where you'll receive a safety briefing and equipment including a flashlight and gas mask. The 3km route to the summit takes roughly 1 to 2 hours over a combination of uphill and flat terrain.
En route, interact with the sulfur miners who tirelessly carry blocks of yellow sulphur weighing 132-176 pounds (60-80 kg) via bamboo pole baskets across their shoulders. Later, witness their mining activity by traditional methods using iron rods without safety equipment.
On arrival at the summit before dawn, glimpse the natural phenomenon of Mount Ijen's blue fire (depending on weather conditions). Stop for a light breakfast on the mountaintop before you're guided back down for a closer look and some fantastic photo ops of Ijen Crater, Java's largest acid lake, from the viewpoint. After a 1-hour descent, you'll be transferred to Banyuwangi Harbor for the late morning ferry back to Bali.
Arriving around noon, your journey ends with lunch at a local restaurant before drop-off at your hotel in the late afternoon.
- Friendly staff and English speaking driver
- All tickets
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationMinimum age is 15 years Not wheelchair accessible Bring your hiking shoes