- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 21
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the highlights of Australia's iconic Top End on this familyfriendly adventure
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky in comfortable permanent tents
- Learn about the ancient culture and traditions of The First Peoples of Australia during an interactive experience in Katherine.
- The Mary River Wetlands feature a wealth of wildlife, including the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get up close to the snappy beasts on a river cruise
Journey into the Northern Territory's rugged Top End on this short but sweet four-day tour. Spend time with the Traditional Owners of Wulna Country to learn about their culture, go bird and croc spotting in the lush Mary River and see traditional rock art in Ubirr. Climb high to look down on the Nardab Floodplain and then find refuge from the tropical heat in the swimming holes of World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Discover the history of the First Peoples of Australia at Anbangbang and cruise through the towering rock walls of Katherine Gorge. The reds of the soil and orange of the sunsets will leave you with a lasting impression of the Territory’s beauty and biodiversity.
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Darwin – Mary River via Litchfield National Park
Kakadu National Park: Ubirr & Barramundi Gorge
Kakadu – Katherine
Katherine Gorge – Darwin
- Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- All Terrain vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Litchfield National Park - Explore the beautiful Litchfield NP rainforest
- Litchfield National Park - Pudakul Cultural Experience
- Kakadu National Park - Discover Ancient Ubirr Rock
- Kakadu National Park - Kakadu National Park Fee
- Mary River - Mary River cruise
- Kakadu - Bowali Visitor Centre
- Pine Creek - Gold Mining Centre
- Kakadu NP - Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Nitmiluk National Park - Edith Falls
- Any international flights to/from Darwin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Adventure Tours Australia. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Adventure Tours Australia customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Adventure Tours Australia to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- You'll spend some nights of the trip sleeping in outback camping grounds. While conditions can be basic and facilities are minimal, this is all part of the adventure. You'll need to pitch in with preparing meals and cleaning.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some hikes are longer and more challenging than others. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- On some days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of Australia. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. Think of it as a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie.
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
- Temperatures in the Top End can be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- This trip has a strict luggage limit of 10kg. Excess luggage can not be carried however, it can be stored at Darwin accommodation.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers