- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 21
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the highlights of Australia's iconic Top End on this familyfriendly adventure
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky in comfortable permanent tents
- Learn about the ancient culture and traditions of The First Peoples of Australia during an interactive experience in Katherine.
- The Mary River Wetlands feature a wealth of wildlife, including the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get up close to the snappy beasts on a river cruise
Journey into the Northern Territory's rugged Top End on this short but sweet four-day tour. Spend time with the Traditional Owners of Wulna Country to learn about their culture, go bird and croc spotting in the lush Mary River and see traditional rock art in Ubirr. Climb high to look down on the Nardab Floodplain and then find refuge from the tropical heat in the swimming holes of World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Discover the history of the First Peoples of Australia at Anbangbang and cruise through the towering rock walls of Katherine Gorge. The reds of the soil and orange of the sunsets will leave you with a lasting impression of the Territory’s beauty and biodiversity.
Darwin – Mary River via Litchfield National Park
Kakadu National Park: Ubirr & Barramundi Gorge
Kakadu – Katherine
Katherine Gorge – Darwin
- Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- All Terrain vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Litchfield National Park
- Pudakul Cultural Experience
- Ubirr Rock
- Kakadu National Park Fee
- Mary River cruise
- Bowali Visitor Centre
- Pine Creek Gold-Mining Centre
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Edith Falls
- Any international flights to/from Darwin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll spend some nights of the trip sleeping in outback camping grounds. While conditions can be basic and facilities are minimal, this is all part of the adventure. You'll need to pitch in with preparing meals and cleaning.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some hikes are longer and more challenging than others. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Temperatures in the Top End can be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- This trip has a strict luggage limit of 10kg. Excess luggage can not be carried however, it can be stored at Darwin accommodation.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers