- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Fly via helicopter to explore the dramatic gorges of Mitchell Plateau and swim in the crystalclear pools above photogenic Mitchell Falls.
- Discover Australia’s unique wildlife—rock wallabies, turtles, and mighty saltwater crocodiles.
- Take a guided bush walk that reveals Aboriginal cultural traditions and view wellpreserved rock art at Raft Point and Bigge Island.
- View the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls, created by massive tidal currents.
Give into the call of the wild on this dramatic adventure showcasing Australia’s mesmerizing Kimberly region, one of the last places on the continent where nature still reigns supreme. Soar over dramatic gorges in a helicopter on your way to Mitchell Falls. Watch history come to life on a guided bush walk to gaze at astounding paintings dating back 15000 years. Explore rarely-visited isles home to mangroves, rugged gorges, and whirlpools and get up close to vast seabird colonies.Hailing from Sydney Australia, our leader on this tour Brad Climpson began his career aboard expedition cruises in Northern Australia in the late 1990s and is the ultimate guide for your Outback adventure. With a strong interest in terrestrial fauna and his experience with the Aboriginal cultures of Australia, he will be able to provide meaningful insights into how indigenous cultures interact with their natural environment. Along with Brad, you’ll be joined by renowned social anthropologists, geologists, ornithologists and more. Especially chosen for this voyage, our team of expert leaders and lecturers serves to bring a comprehensive educational component to your adventure through lectures, guided excursions, and daily recaps.
Arrive in Darwin on April 23 and enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
Today explore historic Darwin with a visit to the George Brown Botanic
Gardens, the Darwin Military Museum, and the impressive Darwin Museum and Art
Permission pending, go ashore on the Tiwis and join local Aboriginal guides
for a tour of the small community of Nguiu.
Cruise through a spectacular canyon where vertical cliffs, gorges, and
mangroves line the shores of the mighty King George River.
View fine examples of ancient Bradshaw or Gwion Gwion art, thought to be
20,000 to 15,000 years old.
A unique experience awaits us on Bigge Island, sacred to Aborigines for
thousands of years.
From Hunter River, fly via helicopter to the Mitchell Plateau to visit
At Montgomery Reef, view the amazing array of marine life exposed at low
The Lacepede Islands are a group of four low, sandy islands lying on a coral
Disembark in Broome with time for a bit of sightseeing.
- 9 nights on the Coral Discoverer, 2 nights hotel , All accommodations
- 11 dinners, 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches , All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises.
- 12 days land only
- Max number of guests: 65
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to Darwin and from Sydney and NSW are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.