- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Fly via helicopter to explore the dramatic gorges of Mitchell Plateau and swim in the crystalclear pools above photogenic Mitchell Falls.
- Discover Australia’s unique wildlife—rock wallabies, turtles, and mighty saltwater crocodiles.
- Take a guided bush walk that reveals Aboriginal cultural traditions and view wellpreserved rock art at Raft Point and Bigge Island.
- View the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls, created by massive tidal currents.
Give into the call of the wild on this dramatic adventure showcasing Australia’s mesmerizing Kimberly region, one of the last places on the continent where nature still reigns supreme. Soar over dramatic gorges in a helicopter on your way to Mitchell Falls. Meet wallabies big and small, swim with sea turtles, and mighty saltwater crocodiles. Watch history come to life on a guided bush walk to gaze at astounding paintings dating back 15000 years. Explore rarely-visited isles home to mangroves, rugged gorges, and whirlpools and get up close to vast seabird colonies.Hailing from Sydney Australia, leader Brad Climpson began his career aboard expedition cruises in Northern Australia in the late 1990s and is the ultimate guide for your Outback adventure. With a strong interest in terrestrial fauna and his experience with the Aboriginal cultures of Australia, he will be able to provide meaningful insights into how indigenous cultures interact with their natural environment. Along with Brad, you’ll be joined by renowned social anthropologists, geologists, ornithologists and more. Especially chosen for this voyage, our team of expert leaders and lecturers serves to bring a comprehensive educational component to your adventure through lectures, guided excursions, and daily recaps.
Day 1: Board your independent flight to Darwin, Australia, losing a day as you cross
the International Date Line.
Day 2: Today explore historic Darwin with a visit to the George Brown Botanic
Gardens, the Darwin Military Museum, and the impressive Darwin Museum and Art
Day 3: Permission pending, go ashore on the Tiwis and join local Aboriginal guides
for a tour of the small community of Nguiu.
Day 4: Cruise through a spectacular canyon where vertical cliffs, gorges, and
mangroves line the shores of the mighty King George River.
Day 5: View fine examples of ancient Bradshaw or Gwion Gwion art, thought to be
20,000 to 15,000 years old.
Day 6: A unique experience awaits us on Bigge Island, sacred to Aborigines for
thousands of years.
Day 7: From Hunter River, fly via helicopter to the Mitchell Plateau to visit
Day 8-9: At Montgomery Reef, view the amazing array of marine life exposed at low
Day 10: The Lacepede Islands are a group of four low, sandy islands lying on a coral
Day 11-12: Disembark in Broome with time for a bit of sightseeing.
- 9 nights on the Coral Discoverer, 2 nights hotel , All accommodations
- 11 dinners, 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches , All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises.
- 12 days land only
- Max number of guests: 65
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to darwin and from Sydney are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 350 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 1498 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.