- Road trips
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the beautiful Kimberleys in rugged style with a local guide. Our passionate leaders love this trip as much as you will
- Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station. Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions
- The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence. You'll have a whole day to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets
- Tunnell Creek has a rich First Nations and bushranger history. Walk through the underground passage with your guide, learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians
Get lost in the beauty of the Australian Outback on this intoxicating tour from the Top End to Western Australia. Spot wildlife around enchanting Lake Argyle, explore the soaring walls of Windjana Gorge, hike along narrow paths at Echidna Chasm and cool off in crystal-clear watering holes beneath cavernous gorges. The Outback is a truly magnetic place – experience it in all its rugged beauty on this 4x4 adventure through the red desert Kimberleys under the blazing Australian sky.
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Darwin – Katherine Region
Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Ranges)
Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Ranges)
Bungle Bungles – El Questro
El Questro Station
Gibb River Road – Mt Barnett
Bells Gorge – Windjana Gorge
- Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with facilities) (5 nights), Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- All Terrain vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Katherine Region - Nitmiluk National Park
- Lake Argyle - Camping at Lake Argyle
- Bungle Bungle - Cathedral Gorge Walk
- Bungle Bungle - Echidna Chasm Walk
- El Questro - Zebedee Springs
- El Questro - Emma Gorge
- Gibb River Road - Gibb River Road 4WD
- Adcock Gorge - Exploring Adcock Gorge
- Galvans Gorge - Exploring Galvans Gorge
- Manning Gorge - Exploring & Pool time under Manning Falls
- Bell Gorge - Windjana Gorge
- Bell Gorge - Manning Gorge
- Tunnel Creek NP - Tunnel Creek exploration walk
- Any international flights to Darwin and from Broome are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this 4WD Darwin to Broome Overland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 89 today.
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this 4WD Darwin to Broome Overland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
4WD Darwin to Broome Overland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this 4WD Darwin to Broome Overland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Adventure Tours Australia. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Adventure Tours Australia customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Adventure Tours Australia to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- This is a camping trip for those who are looking for the basics. Simple facilities and lack of emphasis on creature comforts make this an authentic experience of the Australian outback.
- This trip requires a HIGH level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some long hikes will really get the blood pumping, and involve wading through water and clambering over rocks. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing. We don't recommend this trip for older passengers who are perhaps less fit or agile
- Temperatures in Western Australia are extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- On some days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of Australia. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. Think of it as a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie.
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions