- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 4-60 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4940 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Darjeeling and Sikkim – two charming hillside cities
- Stand at the top of Goechala (5002 meters) with eyepopping mountain views
- Enjoy a range of sceneries throughout the trek
- Upclose views of Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world
Not only does this package take you to the middle of the mountains, but it also introduces you to the rich cultural heritage of Darjeeling. Start off with a full tour of the hill station city. Explore the Tibetan Self Help Center, along with the Padam Naidu Zoological Park and Dali Monastery, while trying some of Darjeeling’s world famous tea in between stops!
After a culturally and spiritually fulfilling tour, we begin our mountain adventure. Trek up through lush semi-tropical forests, crossing crystal-clear streams and rivers along the ascent. Listen to the peaceful flowing waterfall just below Prek Chu. Continue moving through the highlands from Tshoka to Dzongri, taking an exploration/acclimatization day. You’ll be amazed by the rugged terrain surrounding these points.
From Dzongri, keep climbing through Pandim’s shadow before ascending even further to Goechala (5002 meters/16,410 feet). Look below at the glaciated lake, with snow and ice covering the mountain ridges around it. Then look up and out and at Kanchenjunga (8586m), Talung (7349m), Kabru (7353m), and a dozen other peaks. You will never forget the moment of being at the top of Goechala Pass.
Begin the descend, first through the high alpine landscape and then again through marvellous lowland terrain. Each day on the Sikkim Kanchenjunga Goechala Trek is unique from the day before and the following day. You will be constantly surprised by the view that awaits behind each corner. The trek ends where it began, in Yuksam. Our vehicle awaits to take you to Gangtok and for a lovely sightseeing tour of Sikkim’s capital and largest city.
There is something truly special about the Himalayas. It does not take long after trekking around and through them to realize this. We would love to be a part of this exploration with you. Join us on this once in a lifetime Sikkim Kanchenjunga Goechala Trek!
It is possible to do the Sikkim Kanchenjunga Goechala Trek throughout the year. The best times, though, are spring (March to May) and fall (September to November). In the springtime, the colorful flowers are blooming. During the fall, the skies are usually clearer. Ashmita Trek and Tours arranges the trek with full management, including transportation, meals, etc. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions!
sceneries is a flora and fauna. also thanks to the perfect and truly personalized
approach from Subash the owner and his company Teams. We didn't need to worry about anything during our trip; everything was organized for trekking equipment necessary and looked after. We truly had the best time in our lives, highly recommended to Ashmita Trek and Tours anyone to visit Sikkim Himalaya,”
Subash and the team at Ashmita deserve the 5 star rating. We have trekked in Nepal, Kashmir and Ladakh over the years and this was the most professional and best organised trek we have done.Sunjay our guide was very skilled, knowledgeable, helpful and flexible which was really needed as our trip plans had to change several times due to bad weather. Nothing seemed a problem for him. If we were going back we would him again.Tenzing the cook was not only the master of preparing great food but such variety that we never ate the same meal twice in 12 days. Plus he added an extra laugh to the trek. In fact the whole team was top class.Not enough room here to describe the rich variety of scenery and the beauty of these mountains but we will remember this trip for a long time. Thank-you Asmita Treks.”
Subash and the team at Ashmita deserve the 5 star rating. We have trekked in Nepal, Kashmir and Ladakh over the years and this was the most professional and best organised trek we have done.
Sunjay our guide was very skilled, knowledgeable, helpful and flexible which was really needed as our trip plans had to change several times due to bad weather. Nothing seemed a problem for him. If we were going back we would him again.
Tenzing the cook was not only the master of preparing great food but such variety that we never ate the same meal twice in 12 days. Plus he added an extra laugh to the trek. In fact the whole team was top class.
Not enough room here to describe the rich variety of scenery and the beauty of these mountains but we will remember this trip for a long time. Thank-you Asmita Treks.”
This was a trip of a life-time! Ashmita is led by Subash, who was excellent in getting things organized before, during, and after the trek. He spent a lot of time with us and took great care of the logistics of the trip. We traveled with a staff of ten people (cook + helpers, horse-men, etc.) and eleven horses, led by our superb guide Sangay (Kunzang Sangay Bhutia). He's a gem! He looked after us all, paying specific attention to who needed what. He is also very knowledgeable about the area and a good communicator. The trek itself was quite demanding for us all, but the views, the scenery, and the unspoiled environment in which we walked and lived was breathtaking. Two highlights were the climbs to Dzongri top to catch the sun's first rays on the mountains, and finally the even earlier hike in darkness to viewpoint 1 to see the same much closer. The trek took us through a lot of varied terrain. It started in sub-tropical lush forest, then into spectacular rhododendron groves, and finally in shrub country with many views of the high mountains. Mount Pandim, was especially close to our right all during the walk from Thansing to Lamuney and up to view point 1. The staff took great care of us; the food was plentiful and excellent.”
Day 1: Arrival to Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Darjeeling.
Day 2: Explore Darjeeling.
Day 3: Drive from Darjeeling to Yuksam (1780 meters).
Day 4: Trek from Yuksam to Tshoka (2048 meters).
Day 5: Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri (4000m)
Day 6: Rest and acclimatization in Dzongri.
Day 7: Trek from Dzongri to Thangshing (3500 meters).
Day 8: Trek from Thangshing to Lamuney (3962 meters).
Day 9: Trek from Lamuney to Kochrung via Goechala Pass (5002m)
Day 10: Trek from Kochrung to Tshokh (3800 meters) via Phedang.
Day 11: Trek from Tshoka to Yuksam.
Day 12: Drive from Yuksam to Pelling.
Day 13: Drive from Pelling to Gangtok.
Day 14: Gangtok sightseeing tour.
Day 15: Drive from Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport (by car).
- Accommodation All 2-3 star before trek and after trek.
- Transportation all private airport pickup and drop service with Sightseeing tours with friendly local driver as per itinerary.
- All government and local taxes.
- Entry fees of during guided sightseeing tour.
- During the trekking Mountain all necessary permits and any charges for carrying still video cameras.
- All expenses for guide and porters (not including tips)
- Overnight camping during the trek.
- Some amount of personal gear of the clients carry porter,yak,horse.
- Private Transport friendly local driver.
- Group Medical kit box .
- Equipment we provided during trek: While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents. Camping Mattresses, kitchen tent, camping stool, camping table, Warm sleeping bag, would be provided.
- Indian visa fee
- Air or train fare to and from Sikkim and Darjeeling.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory).
- Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen causes, such as emergency road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Personal gear and expenses for the trek. Video and movie Camera Fees in the National Parks.
- Your travel insurance Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Any other expenses not mention above as included in the price.
- Save +US$ 33 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Important note : Please note important information for our valuable clients not allowed to carry any kind of satellite phone to Protected and Restricted Area in part of Sikkim and Darjeeling Himalayan.