- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a guided boat safari on the Rufiji River
- Go on exciting game drives in Mikumi National Park
- Take part in an exciting walking safari as well as night game safari
The Nyerere National Park is the largest in Africa, approximately the size of Switzerland and is a vast open landscape with savanna plains, woodland, and many lakes and swamps in the Rufiji valley. It became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982 due to its diversity of wildlife and undisturbed nature.
A guided boat trip on the Rufiji River will be arranged during which you will see many majestic birds, hippos, and crocodiles, probably elephants and, if you are lucky, a Nile monitor or a pride of lions coming down to drink.
Mikumi National Park can be visited in one day from Dar es Salaam, but if you have more time, this charming park is well worth a more extended visit. The vast expanses of the Mkata Floodplain are full of wildlife: lions, wildebeest, impala, eland, and buffalo migrate across the plains. In the Miombo woodland on the foothills of the local mountains, greater kudu and sable antelopes can be seen. More than 400 species of birds have been sighted in Mikumi.
We will also visit Udzungwa - the largest and most biologically diverse chain of forests in Tanzania. This archipelago of isolated massifs has been dubbed the Galapagos of Africa for its treasure trove of endemic plants and animals. Known collectively as the Eastern Arch, the ancient crystalline mountains were formed more than 200 million years ago. Geological changes caused the rising of the central plateau, now the Tanzania/Kenya Highlands, and the formation of the Rift valley.
Enjoy this 5-day tour with us and check the itinerary section for more details.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam /Selous Game Reserve
Day 2: Full Day Game Drive in Selous Game Reserve
Day 3: Walking Safari at Selous -Mikumi National Park
Day 4: Full day Mikumi to Udzungwa Montains National Park
Day 5: Udzungwa Mountains Park to Dar es salaam
- Park entrance fees
- Services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- 1 boat safari
- Drinking water
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a pop up roof hatch to enable easy game viewing
- Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- Please note that the government has stopped night safaris at the present. You will not participate in this activity even if it is mentioned on the itinerary and the 'Whats Included' section
- Travel/flying doctors rescue services
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Local/International flights
- Airport departure tax
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.