- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 3+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Great views of lions, wildebeest, impala, eland and buffalo in the Mkata Floodplain
- A great chance to witness some of more than 400 species of birds
- Sunrise and Sunset Game drives
Mikumi is full of excitement and adventure. It presents some of the best and most luxurious accommodations in the country and its plains host a vast variety of wildlife. Every trip to Mikumi offers something new, something even more incredible, and no matter how many times you visit this inspiring work of nature, you're always left speechless.
Mikumi National Park is one of the most popular national parks in Tanzania and this is because it is easily accessible from Dar es salaam. Mikumi National Park is named after a village, which in turn takes its name from the Swahili word for Borassus Palm, which once grew there abundantly.
This park can be visited in a single day from Dar es Salaam. But, if you have more time, this charming park warrants a longer stay. The wide expanses of the Mkata Floodplain are full of wildlife: lions, wildebeest, impala, eland and buffalo migrate across the plains. In the Miombo woodland on the foothills of the local mountains greater kudu and sable antelopes can be seen. More than 400 species of birds have also been sighted in Mikumi.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Mikumi National Park
Day 2: Mikumi full-day game drive and night game
Day 3: Mikumi - Dar es Salaam
- All park entrance fees
- Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- Game drives and activities as per the itinerary
- Drinking water
- Pick up and drop off
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography
- Please note that the government has stopped night safaris at the present. You will not participate in this activity even if it is mentioned on the itinerary and the 'Whats Included' section
- Soft drinks, alcoholic and other beverages
- Airport taxes
- Travel/flying doctors rescue services
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Save US$ 33+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.