- duration 25 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Gorilla trekking trek into the dense jungle of Uganda and watch a group of endangered mountain gorillas from a safe distance
- Serengeti National Park spot incredible wildlife as you game drive through Tanzania's best known national park, home to the amazing annual migration
- Masai Mara search for Africa's iconic Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino, buffalo) in one of the continents most famous game reserves
- Ngorongoro Crater explore the UNESCOlisted crater, which has one of the highest densities of wildlife of any African national park
Start your East African overland adventure with a taste of the tropics on the beautiful island of Zanzibar. Go wild on safari in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and the Masai Mara. Explore the Great Rift Valley Lakes and trek in search of mountain gorillas in Uganda. Taking in the best of Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda in 25 days.
Day: 1 Dar es Salaam
Day: 2-4 Zanzibar
Day: 5 Zanzibar
Day: 6-7 Arusha
Day: 8-10 Serengeti & Ngorongoro
Day: 11 Nairobi
Day: 12-13 Masai Mara
Day: 14 Eldoret
Day: 15 Kampala
Day: 16-19 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 20 Kampala
Day: 21 Jinja
Day: 22 Lake Nakuru
Day: 23-24 Lake Naivasha
Day: 25 Nairobi
- 1st night banda (beach hut) accommodation at Kipepeo Campsite, Dar es Salaam (upgrade available) and 20 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 19 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 19 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Dar es Salaam Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP. Park entry and game drives - Lake Nakuru NP, Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Optional activities
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$750-900pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $1850pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorilla Trek & Tanzania Northbound - 25 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorilla Trek & Tanzania Northbound - 25 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorilla Trek & Tanzania Northbound - 25 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.