- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walking through rice paddy fields and tea plantations
- Exploring parts of Sri Lanka rarely seen by other Westerners
- Visit the beautiful lakeside town of Kandy
- Sunrise on Adams Peak (except between MayNovember)
Behind the dazzling beauty of Sri Lanka’s world famous beaches is an island of lush jungle, spice gardens, ancient Buddhist temples and an abundance of wildlife - all of which makes for a unique trekking experience. Our adventure begins in Sigiriya with a visit to the stunning Lion Rock. From here the trekking begins in earnest, through the unspoilt World Heritage conservation area of the Knuckles Mountain Range, past rice paddies and brushing the vibrant, emerald-green tea plantations of Dickoya. After this we tackle the challenging Adam's Peak (2243m) and then enjoy the spectacular 1000m cliff drop of World's End.
Day 1: Start Dambulla.
Day 2: Visit Dambulla Caves, village walk towards Sigiriya; afternoon visit to Lion
Day 3: Drive to Illukkumbura; walk the Manigala Trail in the Knuckles Range.
Day 4: Walk through forests to Meemure; transfer to Orutota
Day 5: To Kandy; visit the Temple of the Tooth.
Day 6-7: Ascend Adams Peak (2243m).
Day 8: Drive to Nuwara Eliya; optional walk to explore the town
Day 9: Early morning to Horton Plains; walk to World's End viewpoint; to Ella by
Day 10: Daywalk around Ella; visit the Ravana Waterfalls and Ella Gap.
Day 11: Drive to Yala National Park; afternoon game drive.
Day 12: Visit Kataragama Temple and walk around Tissamaharama lake; transfer to the
Day 13: Free day to relax on the beach or optional activities including whale
watching (Nov to April).
Day 14: To Galle; transfer to Colombo.
Day 15: End Colombo.
- 13 nights hotels, all en suite, 1 night full-service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 1 dinner included
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 8 full and half-day walks
- Full porterage throughout
- Maximum altitude 2243m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Dambulla and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlands of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlands of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlands of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlands of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.