- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse in the art and culture of Dakar
- Explore atmospheric St Louis
- Visit the stunning grand mosque of Touba
- Spot exotic birds at Tendeba in Gambia
This has to be one of the best overland routes in West Africa, due to its diversity. Starting in the Sarhelean country of Senegal, at the fascinating city of Dakar, and travelling south through to the stunning beaches of Sierra Leone, a country that is beginning to really embrace tourism, there is so much to see along the way.
With wonderful trekking to remote waterfalls, canoe trips to local villages, great opportunity for wetland birdlife and some absolutely stunning beaches, this trip really will surprise travellers.
But it is no walk in the park as we are travelling though countries such as Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Sierra Leone and The Gambia with a minimum of tourist infrastructure. That is the whole point of the trip though; allowing us to trek through hills and stunning scenery to small villages that few outsiders will ever see and then to chill on the yellow sands of Atlantic beaches.
Day 1: Freetown
Day 2: Freetown Peninsula
Day 3: Freetown Peninsula
Day 4: Southern Guinea
Day 5: Labe
Day 6: Labe
Day 7: Labe
Day 8: Labe
Day 9: Northern Guinea
Day 10: Northern Guinea
Day 11: Bissau
Day 12: Bissau
Day 13: Cap Skirring
Day 14: Cap Skirring
Day 15: Cap Skirring
Day 16: Tendaba
Day 17: Tendaba
Day 18: Toubakouta
Day 19: Toubakouta
Day 20: Saint-Louis
Day 21: Saint-Louis
Day 22: Dakar
Day 23: Dakar
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Pirogue
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- 22 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 7 Dinner
- Any international flights to Dakar and from Freetown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this West African Atlantic Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 111 today.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this West African Atlantic Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
West African Atlantic Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this West African Atlantic Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.