- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Djoudj One of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world.
- Gambia River A two day cruise on the mighty Gambia River through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves.
- Saloum Delta Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue through mangroves and aquatic birds.
- Isle de Goree A tranquil island rich in history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Discover tropical Anglo-influenced Gambia and exotic Francophile Senegal, and compare the colonial imprints in this beautiful region on this West African adventure. Walk through slow-paced French colonial towns, see prolific birdlife and explore some of the region's finest national parks. Djoudj - Visit one of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world Gambia River - Sleep aboard a boat on the mighty Gambia River and sail through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves Saloum Delta - Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue boat passing through mangroves looking for a range of aquatic birds
Might help to brush up on your French for Senegal - all menus tend to be in French and a lot of people don't speak English.
Live Premier footie on TV in Senegal, inc Sat 3pm matches :-)
Can get cooler during the middle of the night - I used layers.
Don't expect much from internet - if available, I can't remember ever being able to get it from my room.
Day 1 : Join trip in Dakar (Senegal)
Day 2 : Ferry to the Island of Goree; Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 3 : Visit to the Pink Lake followed by an afternoon drive to the old French Capital of West Africa; St. Louis
Day 4 : Djoudj bird reserve and St Louis;- Visit a charming french colonial town
Day 5 : Explore the Langue de Barbarie by motorised pirogue
Day 6 : Drive to Georgetown (Gambia) via Touba Mosque
Day 7 : Cruise along the Gambia River and visit an archaeological mystery, the Wassau Stone Circles
Day 8 : Bird and wildlife spotting as we cruise down the river; afternoon arrival at Tendaba river camp
Day 9 : At Tendaba; visits to Kiang West and Bao Bolong Wetland Reserves
Day 10 : Drive to Saloum Delta (Senegal)
Day 11 : Saolum Delta National Park; pirogue trip north through the Delta to Ndagane
Day 12 : Visit Senegal's giant Baobab tree, explore Fadiout Island and return to Dakar
Day 13 : Trip ends in Dakar
- 5 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple guesthouse
- 1 night simple rondavels
- 1 night simple boat
- 4 nights comfortable rondavels
- 12 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- Bus, 4WD, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Dakar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Senegal and The Gambia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Senegal and The Gambia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Senegal and The Gambia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Senegal and The Gambia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.