- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit historic Goree Island.
- See workers collecting salt at Lake Retba.
- Spot pelicans and flamingos at a bird sanctuary.
- Relax on the beaches of Banjul.
Merging cultural experiences with important histories and stunning landscapes, this 10-day tour through Senegal and The Gambia brings you to a part of Africa that's seldom explored. Learn about daily life in a local Wolof village, immerse yourself in Gambia's important slave history, and get time to relax on sandy beaches in between. Experience what West Africa has to offer before the rest of the world gets to these unique destinations.
Day 1: Dakar
Day 2: Dakar & Goree Island
Day 3: Lake Retba/Lompoul Desert
Day 4: Lompoul/Saint-Louis
Day 5: Djoudj NP
Day 6: Saint-Louis/Kaolack
Day 7: Kaolack/Banjul
Day 8: Banjul
Day 9: Banjul/Somone
Day 10: Somone/Dakar Airport
- Standard hotels/guesthouses (9 nts).
9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD195-255 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, ferry, 4x4, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) and driver throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Goree Island tour
- Lake Retba visit
- Lompoul Desert stay and traditional Senegalese dinner
- Saint-Louis calèche tour
- Djoudj National Park boat tour
- Local Wolof village visit
- Touba Grand Mosque
- Tour of Jufureh and Kunta Kinteh Island
- Half day Banjul city tour
- Mbour fish market visit
- Free time at Somone beach
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Dakar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Senegal & The Gambia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Senegal & The Gambia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Senegal & The Gambia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Senegal & The Gambia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.