- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18-55 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5500 meters
- Climb Nevado Qampa, one of the famous mountains of the Ausangate region
- Trek across a glacier & complete a small rock climb to summit Nevado Qampa
- A great introduction to glacial climbing for firsttime and amateur climbers
Nevado Qampa (pronounced Jampa, also spelled Campa), is the easiest and one of the most popular mountains in Cusco for first-time climbers. The summiting requires a glacier hike, climb and occasionally some rock-climbing depending on the season. The summit offers an incredible panoramic view of the Vilcanota range and reaches to Salkantay over 200 km to the northwest.
The trip offers a journey through a majestic landscape with the biological diversity of the high Andean areas on full display. Namely you’ll have the chance to spot native species such as Vicuña, Vizcacha, Andean fox, Andean face and Andean carpenter, among others.
Day 1: Cusco - Tinqui - Pacchanta - Base Camp
Day 2: Base Camp - Qampa Summit - Base Camp
Day 3: Base Camp - Pacchanta - Cusco
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Private transport
- Camping equipment (excluding climbing equipment and sleeping bag - available to hire)
- Professional bilingual guide, mountain cook, arriero & mules
- Machu Picchu Visit
- Hotels before and after trip (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Domestic Flights (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Tips for the crew
- Any additional extras
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationA pretrek briefing will be held in your hotel the evening before departure. Full names, date of birth and passport numbers required for all trekkers. Dietary and medical requirements to be supplied 24hrs before departure.