- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu to discover the ruins
- Visit the Sacred Valley, including Pisac and Ollantaytambo
- Explore the museums and churches of the ancient Inca capital, Cuzco
- Have two days to acclimatise before the trek
This trip follows a similar itinerary to our popular Inca Trail trek but with upgraded hotels throughout, an included Sacred Valley tour and included sleeping bag hire. While on the trek itself, we also offer a more varied range of meals and a higher personal weight limit than on our standard Inca Trail itineraries, allowing you to take more clothes and personal items to give that little extra comfort. This trip is designed to maximise the time spent at Machu Picchu with an early morning tour of the ruins, quieter at that hour before the crowds of day trippers and other trekkers arrive. Inca Trail Permits: An Inca Trail permit is required to walk the Inca Trail. These are strictly limited and are highly sought after, therefore we strongly recommend booking at least 6-8 months in advance to avoid disappointment. On dates where Inca Trail permits have sold out we can offer either the spectacular remote Moonstone Trek  or a* One Day Inca Trail Option *in its place – please enquire for details. node/934
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); free time to explore the Inca capital.
Day 2: Visit the Sacred Valley; continue to Ollantaytambo (2800m).
Day 3: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along Urubamba
River, climb to Huayllabamba.
Day 4: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then descend to
Pacaymayu.teps to Pacaymayu.
Day 5: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of Sayajmarca
Day 6: The Classic Inca Trail: Walk down Inca steps to Wiñay Wayna and Machu Picchu
via the Sun Gate.
Day 7: Early morning guided tour of Machu Picchu; free time to explore further, then
return to Cuzco by train and by road.
Day 8: End Cuzco.
- 4 nights premium hotels and 3 nights full-service camping
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Altitude maximum 4215m, average 3050m
- Increased personal weight limit of 10kg on trek
- Travel by private bus and train
- Sleeping bag hire for trek duration
- Inflatable sleeping mat for trek duration
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Inca Trail in Comfort tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Inca Trail in Comfort tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Inca Trail in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Inca Trail in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.