- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5000 meters
- Discover stunning mountains and steep peaks
- Enjoy the best of natural beauty and wildlife
- Visit Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas
- Explore the Salkantay Circuit, one of the greatest attractions of Peru
The Salkantay circuit is one of the greatest attractions of Cusco. The Mountain Range of Vilcabamba where the massif of Salkantay lies is a beautiful and secluded area. Dominated by Apu Salkantay, it has many snowy peaks such as Tucarhuay (5,910 masl), Veronica (5,682 masl) and Huacayhuilca (5,361 masl). These peaks are visible from Salkantay, on the way to Machu Picchu. The Salkantay is also surrounded by deep valleys and gorges, making this an extremely interesting journey.
The organization was impeccable. We were provided with everything we needed, assisted by the team with every questions, both prior and during the trip. The sleeping locations, and the activities proposed, were all unique and made you feel closer to the wonderful and various scenery all along the trek. Helping with this organization was our two horsemen, Gilbert and José, that did an impressive job, bringing our stuff when and where we needed them.
5 days of trekking is hard, and a good meal at the end of the day helps a lot in recovering. The food prepared by our “world-class chefs”, Gido and Elvis, was simply among the best dishes we had, in terms of taste, variety, colors and quantities.
This trek brings you through sacred Apus (mountains), in the wilderness of the jungle and all its secrets to end up in this magic place that is Machu Picchu. And all covered with Quechua’s culture, mythology and science. We experienced it fully thanks to our amazing guide Carlos “the mountain king”. He created a very familiar atmosphere between everybody from the very first moment, and rewarded us with all his knowledge of the fauna, flora, local cultures and history that brought a whole new level to our experience.
This trek is an amazing experience and I would recommend it 100%. It is strenuous, with very long walking days, but the treasures and natural beauty that you find along the way are worth every drop of sweat.
SULPAYKI WAIKIS to all team for this amazing adventure.”
Day 1: Cuzco - Challacancha - Soroycocha
Day 2: Soroycocha - Qollpapampa
Day 3: Qollpapampa - Lucmabamba
Day 4: Lucmabamba - Hydroelectric Plant - Machu Picchu
Day 5: Machu Picchu - Cuzco
- Pick-up from the hotel 30 minutes before the departure of Cusco.
- Private transfer to Mollepata, starting point of the tour
- Professional Spanish and Inglés Guide.
- Entrance ticket to Salkantay Trail. Entrance to Machu Picchu Archaeological Sanctuary.
- Porters and horses to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking equipment, restaurants and tents, equipment passenger (6 kilos maximum)
- Permits and tickets for our porters and chefs.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 snacks, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners. All These meals are prepared by our chef and his assistant
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill Their water bottles (one liter per person).
- Lunch with hot drinks like tea and coffee coke. Appetizers every morning or snacks.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets on request.
- All equipment, Including tents for personnel.
- 2-hour guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Expedition train back to Ollantaytambo and then a by bus to Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on the fifth day.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 25 for the entire trip).
- Entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu ($ 20 USD).
- Save US$ 25+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.