- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through diverse landscapes and varying altitudes
- Explore the famous Inca citadel of Machu Picchu
This breathtaking trek takes you through diverse landscapes and altitudes, ranging from valleys, grasslands, glaciers, cloud forests and jungles. Trek through the highlands of Peru and camp within the sight of snowcapped peaks. See the incredible Incan fortress of Llactapata and learn more about Inca culture.
Your journey comes to an end in Machu Picchu. Explore the most representative Inca monument before heading back to Cusco. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Arrive in Cusco
Day 2: Free day in Cusco
Day 3: The Salkantay trek begins (Mollepata - Soraypampa)
Day 4: Soraypamapa - Colcapampa
Day 5: Colcapampa -
Day 6: Reach Aguas Calientes
Day 7: Machu Picchu
Day 8: Bye bye Cusco
- All hotel accommodations (the 3 star Casa Andina Cusco classic or similar standard). One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- A professional, bilingual tour guide
- Pickup & drop-off. Private transport to the start of the trail. Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. Train to Ollantaytambo & transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu & Salkantay trek permits
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners. Water during the trek
- A 3-man tent (per 2 people) during the trek, a dining tent with table and chairs, a foam mattress for sleeping
- Porters to carry personal belongings up to 5kg. A professional chef to prepare your meal during the trek. Horsemen and mules (to carry camping gear and food)
- First aid kit & an oxygen bottle
- Single Supplement 400 USD(solo travelers)
- Domestic/international airline tickets
- Excess baggage charges
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Meals other than those mentioned on the itinerary and the 'What's Included' section
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Travel Insurance
- Sleeping bag (can be rented with us)
- Walking poles (can be rented with us)
- Entrance tickets to the hot springs (15 soles per person)
- Sacred valley tour and entrance fees
- Tips for your crew (cooks, horsemen, guides, etc)
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationCANCELLATIONS FOR TREKS AND TOURS: (1) If a client cancels within: 30 to 20 days there will be a 40% refund of total tour 19 to 9 days, there will be a 20% refund of total tour 8 days or less there will be a 0% refund of total tour NOTE: Your 50% deposit is non-refundable. Any Inca Trail tours cancelled at any time are non-refundable due to the high demand and price of permits. If the cancellation applies, it will be without payment fees. (2) Valencia Travel Cusco must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail, so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit. (3) Once the final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations (last minute cancellations in Cusco). However, there will be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket). (4) A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request. (5) Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).