- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through diverse landscapes and varying altitudes
- Travel past the famous Apacheta Pass (4,600m)
- Explore Machu Picchu, the famous Inca citadel
This breathtaking trek takes you through diverse landscapes and altitudes, ranging from valleys, grasslands, glaciers, cloud forests and jungles. Trek through the highlands of Peru and camp within the sight of snowcapped peaks. Reach the famous Apacheta Pass (4,600m) and descend to a tropical area passing Andenes and Chaullay en route.
Your journey comes to an end in Machu Picchu. Explore the most representative Inca monument before heading back to Cusco. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypampa
Day 2: Soraypampa - Colcapampa
Day 3: Colcapampa - La Playa
Day 4: La Playa - Llactapata - Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- A professional, bilingual tour guide as well as an assistant guide for groups of more than nine people
- Pickup from your hotel
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorns) and 3 dinners. A cook during the trek to prepare meals
- 1 night's accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- Dining tent with tables and chairs. 3-man tents (1 tent per 2 people) & 1 spare blanket per tent and sleeping mattresses
- Horsemen and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment and up to 5 kg of travellers' belongings)
- First aid kit & oxygen cylinders
- One bus ticket per person to Machu Picchu
- Return transportation to Cusco (bus and train) as per the itinerary
- Camping during the trek
- International and domestic flights
- Airport departure taxes or visa fees
- Breakfast on day one and dinner and lunch in Aguas Calientes are not included in the tour price
- Single supplement (room in the hotel or tent for 1 traveller)
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Excess baggage charges
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Insurance of any kind
- Expenses that are personal in nature, including laundry & phone calls
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNo cancellation once booking has been made and confirmed. Airline, rail and ferry tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable and name changes are not allowed. We are not responsible for the impact that an airline schedule change may have on your vacation. Therefore, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance. Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service). Changes made by client: The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the tour/trek/trip/rental services. A USD35 change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes. Please note that when it comes to the Inca Trail, the permits are nontransferable, nonrefundable and dates cannot be changed.