- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- One of "the best 25 new treks in the world" by National Geographic
- Salkantay is a majestic peak of over 6300 meters (20,000 feet!)
- The trek combines hiking in the Andes with the cloud forest
- Great views of Salkantay and other snowcapped mountains of the Vilcabamba Range
This magnificent trail is perfect for adventurers who wish to become personally integrated in changing ecosystems from one day to the next. You will walk through sweeping, magical landscapes of a snowy mountain paradise to a tropical jungle where you will find a wide range of animals, medicinal plants and flower varieties. Witness with your own eyes a living but ancient culture in remote villages hardly ever seen by foreigners. End your trek at the famed Machu Picchu for an experience of a lifetime.
Let’s start exploring the mountains!
Day 1: Cusco - Mollepata - Markokasa - Soraypampa
Day 2: Soraypampa - Salkantay Pass - Huayracmachay - Collpampa
Day 3: Collpapampa - Playa Sawayaco - Santa teresa
Day 4: Santa teresa - Hydroelectrica - Machu Picchu town
Day 5: Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Hotel pickup
- Transfer to trek starting point
- 1 night hostel accommodation in Aguas Calientes on the last night
- Group porters (to carry tents and food) and cook
- Group horses (to carry 5 kg of personal gear)
- Waterproof tents
- Equipment - safety gear for zip lines provided when booking optional excursion.
- English speaking guide
- Meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners)
- Guided Machu Picchu tour
- Machu Picchu general admission
- Return expedition train and bus transport to Cusco
- First aid & oxygen
- Gratuities (optional)
- Sleeping Bag - can be rented at additional cost
- Private horses - can be hired at additional cost to either carry backpacks or to ride
- Zip lines - not included in base price, available at additional cost
- Santa Teresa Hot Springs admission
- Optional bottled water - can be purchased on the trail
- Earn US$ 21+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.