- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the mystical beauty of Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of the Inca Empire.
- Opportunity to see beautiful landscapes with a variety of endemic flora and fauna.
The legendary Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (or Salcantay Trek) has been chosen as one of the 25 best Treks in the World by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine. It is a hike easily accessible to everyone, with no limitations or permits required (at least for the moment). Starting at the city of Cusco, the Salkantay Trek is an antique and unique pathway situated in the same area as the Inca Trail with high snow covered mountains and an abundance of tropical rainforest.
It is one of the most interesting and important Inca Trail alternatives due to its amazing flora, ecosystems, remote Andean villages, and great views of the snow-capped Salkantay Mountain. This trail finally reaches Aguas Calientes, located at the foothill of the historical and archaeological site of Machu Picchu. From here we take an early morning hike up to Machu Picchu for an amazing sunrise. Our English speaking guide will then give you a grand tour of Machu picchu - a once important city of the Inca people.
Day 1: Trek from Cusco - Mollepata - Challacancha - Soraypampa
Day 2: Trek from Soyrapampa to Collpapampa
Day 3: Trek from Collpapampa to La Playa
Day 4: La Playa - Llactapata - Hidroelectrica - Puente Ruinas
Day 5: Puente Ruinas - Machu Picchu - Cusco - End of the trip
- Pre-trek briefing
- Early morning transfer from Cusco to Soraypampa - the initial point of the trek;
- Accommodation: Campsites (3 nights) and a hostel (1 night);
- Entrance fee to Salcantay and Machu Picchu;
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner and 4x afternoon hot beverages;
- Professional bi-lingual Tour Guide;
- Professional Cook;
- Horses to carry food, camping and cooking equipment and 5 kg of each passenger's luggage;
- Camping equipment: personal double tents, sleeping foam matts, tables and chairs, a cooking tent with cooking equipment, dining and toilet tents and bottled gas; Food;
- A sleeping bag (down to -5°C);
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) to Ollantaytambo;
- Tourist bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Breakfast on the day 1 and lunch on the last day
- International and domestic flights nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu ($15)
- A shuttle bus between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes Town ($12 one way and - $ 24a round trip);
- Tips to local staff (please note: it is a custom to give tips in Peru; however, it is not obligatory);
- Other extras not mentioned.
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.