- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Conquer the Salkantay Pass
- Explore Machu Picchu
- Take a ride on an Expedition train
- Travel to the ruins of Llactapata
Start your trek on the very first day of this trip. Conclude your journey with a visit to the iconic monument of Machu Picchu, which you will also get to glimpse on the fourth day of the tour. Avoid the regulations that have been imposed on the Inca Trail. We have designed this itinerary in such a way that it includes many of the highlights of the popular routes in the Salkantay Trek but avoids most of the areas that are fast becoming crowded with tourists.
Day 1: Cusco - Soraypampa - Soyroccocha
Day 2: Soyroccocha - Unuyuq
Day 3: Unuyuq - Sahauayaco
Day 4: La Playa - Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
- Licensed guide fluent in English, Spanish, and Quechua, plus an assistant guide for large groups
- Support staff including professional cooks and wranglers for the mules and horses
- Horses and mules to carry group gear as well as large duffel bags, provided during the briefing, for personal items (no weight limit)
- Drinking water and snacks as well as all meals throughout the duration of the trek. We take care of special dietary needs
- Sleeping tents, and a Therm-a-rest. Three-person tents are provided for single occupancy and four-person tents for double occupancy to allow plenty of room for personal gear
- 1 horse for emergencies. Additional horses can be arranged at an additional charge
- A first aid kit, including oxygen cylinders
- All group entrance fees, including that to Machu Picchu
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (3 star hotel)
- Train (Expedition Train Service)
- All transfers
- Optional climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (extra charge)
- Dinner on the 4th day in Aguas Calientes. Lunch and dinner on the 5th day
- Tips for guides, cooks, and wranglers
- Entrance to hot springs or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes
- A personal riding horse. Additional horses may be hired according to the needs of an individual or a group
- Earn US$ 27+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.