- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Conquer the Salkantay Trek in the Andes.
- Explore Inca ruins and Machu Picchu.
- Trek through beautiful Andean scenery.
Salkantay has been dubbed the most spectacular peak in the Peruvian Andes. On this trip, you’ll trek in the shadows of this impressive mountain, interact with its inhabitants, and explore its forgotten ruins. Catch the train to Aguas Calientes for an early-morning visit to Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco
Day 2: Cusco/Salkantay Trek
Day 3: Salkantay Trek
Day 4: Salkantay Trek
Day 5: Machu Picchu/Cusco
- Hotels (2 nts), camping (2 nts).
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD85-110 for meals not included.
- Private van, hiking, train.
- G Adventures Representative in Cusco, specialist Salkantay CEO on hike.
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Trek on the Salkantay route to Machu Picchu with a local guide, cooks, and porters (3 days)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.