- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-6139
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Conquer the Salkantay Trek in the Andes.
- Explore Inca ruins and Machu Picchu.
- Trek through beautiful Andean scenery.
Salkantay has been dubbed the most spectacular peak in the Peruvian Andes. On this trip, you’ll trek in the shadows of this impressive mountain, interact with its inhabitants, and explore its forgotten ruins. Catch the train to Aguas Calientes for an early-morning visit to Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco
Day 2: Cusco/Salkantay Trek
Day 3: Salkantay Trek
Day 4: Salkantay Trek
Day 5: Machu Picchu/Cusco
- Hotels (2 nts), camping (2 nts).
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD85-110 for meals not included.
- Private van, hiking, train.
- G Adventures Representative in Cusco, specialist Salkantay CEO on hike.
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products. Trek on the Salkantay route to Machu Picchu with a local guide, cooks, and porters (3 days). Guided tour of Machu Picchu. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Trek on the Salkantay route to Machu Picchu with a local guide, cooks, and porters (3 days)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 21+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.