- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4480 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Trek to Abra Huayracmachay, located at an altitude of 4,600m
- Enjoy a sunrise view from Machu Picchu
- Cross the Salkantay Pass (4600m)
Make a steep ascent to Abra Huayracmachay (15,100 feet/4,600m), the highest point in the hike, where you will get the chance to enjoy magnificent views of the high glacier of Salkantay. Enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, including that of Salkantay Mountain itself, before you start descending through cloud forests rich in wildlife. Walk downhill following the trail along the Salkantay River.
Walk through a winding rainforest gorge around the base of Huayna Picchu and enjoy watching sunrise from Machu Picchu. The Salkantay Trek will take you from high passes between snow-capped mountains and glaciers to lowland jungles with hot springs and coffee plantations. So strap on your trekking boots, you've got an adventure coming your way!
Day 1: Cusco – Soyrococha
Day 2: Hike over to the Salkantay Pass
Day 3: Salkantay River trail
Day 4: Cocalmayo - Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Explore Machu Picchu
- Dedicated Aspiring Adventures trekking guides
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, including extra permit to climb Huayna Picchu (if permits are available at the time of booking)
- Accommodation – three nights in tents, one in hotel (based on twin-share accommodation)
- All ground transport (private vehicle and train) including pickup and drop off at your hotel in Cusco
- All meals as listed in the itinerary
- Drinking water while on the trail
- Single supplement
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Tip for your guide(s), cook, and horsemen
- Sleeping bags and mats
- Optional: mule to carry your personal gear
- Save +US$ 49 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.