- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 12
- Hike through the stunning landscape of the region, including a stop at Humantay Lake
- Camp near Salkantay Mountain snow peak and enjoy amazing views
- Trek through the lush jungle and spot native flora and fauna
- Explore the famed Machu Picchu Inca site including a guided tour
Witness the great Salkantay Mountain, whose name means “untamed.” Embrace the majestic scenery as you make your way to the sacred city of Machu Picchu. Trek the picturesque routes that go from the highlands to the Amazon jungle, in the shadows of this impressive mountain.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Humantay lake – Soyrococha
Day 2: Soyrococha – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay – Collpapampa
Day 3: Lucmabamba – Llactapata – Hidro – Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Picchu guided tour – Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Tour guide
- Horse to carry all our items
- Personal tents and dining tents
- Machu Picchu fee
- Train fee
- Transport by private van
- Duffle bags to put your personal items
- Sleeping bags
- Walking poles
- Tips/ gratuities
- Some meals, as indicated in the itinerary
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.