- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek through pristine Peruvian Andes
- Enjoy views of the brilliant Humantay Lagoon
- Spend 2 nights in unique Ecodomes
Embark on a challenging 3-day trek along the alternative Salkantay route, with stunning views of the Salkantay and Humantay peaks standing over 6,000 meters high. Hike along this unspoiled trail, with views of pristine snow-covered peaks and a tranquil lagoon.
Day 1: Cuzco, Peru
Day 2: Soraypampa, Peru
Day 3: Cuzco, Peru
- 2N Eco-dome
- 2 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Cuzco accommodation pick-up & transfer to Challacancha
- Return transfer to Cuzco
- 3-Day Salkantay Trek
- English/Spanish speaking guide
- Horses and horseman to carry equipment
- Entrance to Salkantay and Humantay
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Travel Insurance
- Trekking poles
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Salkantay & Humantay Lake Eco-Dome Experience 3D/2N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 July 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Salkantay & Humantay Lake Eco-Dome Experience 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Salkantay & Humantay Lake Eco-Dome Experience 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
MEALS ON TREK: All of our cooks pride themselves on their delicious specialty menus with the freshest local ingredients available with vegetarian option for every meal (please advise at least 2 days prior to departure).
TREK ACCOMMODATION: During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex & couples will have a tent to themselves.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card and personal medications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.
Time schedule for meetings will be:
- Inca Trail and Lares 6pm
- Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm
- Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Tels: +51 998 444933 Darwin, +51 952 272734 Freddy, +51 923 125342 Rene.
**Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.**
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols