- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the picturesque Salcantay region with dramatic mountain scenery & enjoy 3 hearty meals a day on trek prepared by our cooks
- Hike up the Salcantay Pass (4,638m) and admire the amazing views
- Discover the enigmatic ruins of Machu Picchu
- Journey to the beautiful Sacred Valley and the village of Ollantaytambo
Arguably the best short trek alternative to the classic Inca Trail. Arguably the best short trek alternative to the classic Inca Trail. Our Salcantay Trek follows an ancient Inca trail located in the same region as the Inca Trail where dramatic mountain scenery is complemented with lush sub tropical jungle. There are also two very interesting Inca sites on this route one on the drive to the trailhead and another on the last day of the trail. These add a further dimension to this trek which also includes spectacular close up views of Mount Salcantay regarded by the locals as sacred and certainly one of the most stunning snowpeaks in the Peruvian Andes. The highest point on this alternative trek is the Salcantay Pass at 4,638m which is slightly higher than the highest point on the classic Inca Trail at Warmihuañusca Pass at 4,200m. Discover the magnificent ruins of Machu Picchu before returning to Cusco.
Day 1 : Depart Cusco and drive to the Sacred Valley
Day 2 : Second day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 3 : Commence Salcantay trek
Day 4 : Trek to Andenes
Day 5 : To Lucmabamba
Day 6 : To Aguas Calientes
Day 7 : Explore Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
- Pick up from Cusco hotel on day 1
- Comfortable and central hotels
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- Private internal transportation
- Expert bilingual guide for each section
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed (including Machu Picchu entrance fee)
- The use of a gear pack including sleeping bag, fibre filled jacket, thermarest and headtorch
- Group camping equipment
- Pack animals or Porters to carry personal gear
- Group medical kit
- International flights and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Cost of laundry and alcoholic beverages
- Excess baggage costs
- Medical treatment
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Salcantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Salcantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Salcantay Trek & Machu Picchu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.