- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a sacred hillside Inca site in Pisac
- See the beautiful Ollantaytambo town
- Tour Machu Picchu with a local guide
Make an unforgettable 2-day trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas to visit the ancient archaeological sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo. Travel on the Peru Rail towards Machu Picchu and spend time exploring this magical site!
Day 1: Cuzco - Aguas Calientes, Peru
Day 2: Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
- 1N accommodation in hostel dorm, 3-star or 4-star hotel depending on package
- 1 Breakfast(s)
- 1 Lunch(es)
- Cuzco accommodation pick-up
- Roundtrip tourist train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Roundtrip tourist bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Ollantaytambo - Cuzco transfer (shared van/bus for hostel package, private transfer 3-star or 4-star hotel package only)
- Active Adventure
- Professional bilingual guide for Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu guided tour (shared guide for hostel package, private guide for 3 or 4 hotel package only)
- Sacred Valley entrance fees
- Other meals or drinks
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Huayna Picchu trek (Aprox. 48 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu mountain hike (Aprox. 48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Tips for guides
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sacred Valley Train to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sacred Valley Train to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sacred Valley Train to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Suggested Packing List:
Sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger, waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer. Bring extra cash for snacks, water and meals.
Don't forget the essentials:
Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
You have the option of taking an early return train or a late return train departing Aguas Calientes at 4:12pm and 7pm, respectively.
Information about the OPTIONAL hike up the steep peak named Huayna Picchu, which is located inside the Machu Picchu archaeological site: This sometimes muddy peak takes about 45 - 60 minutes to hike up and awards you with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu from a coveted perspective. Keep in mind that if you want to take this optional hike, you must now purchase your ticket at least 2 weeks in advance in order to get one of the 400 passes (200 people are allowed up at 7:00am and 200 more at 10:00am). Please send us an email directly to request this extra ticket.
Please make your own way to the Bamba Cuzco Office one day prior to your adventure and attend your mandatory pre-departure briefing at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek.
Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details. During your pre-departure briefing, we will give you all of your tickets for the buses, trains and archaeological sites. You will have a guide during the Sacred Valley Tour and for the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site Tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing, that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.Time schedule for meetings will be:
- Inca Trail and Lares 6pm
-Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm
- Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Tels: +51 998 444933 Darwin, +51 952 272734 Freddy, +51 923 125342 Rene.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols