- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Maximum altitude 4215 meters
- Original Inca Trail
- Sayacmarca, LLactapata, Phuyupatamarca, Intipata & Wiñayhuayna Archaeological Sites
- Machu Picchu
If you have the time, we highly recommend this tour to Machu Picchu as the route is much less crowded than the standard Inca Trail and you will be able to fully appreciate the history and way of life of the Incas while soaking in the spectacular scenery of the Andes. Your last night is spent in a hotel in Aguas Calientes, giving you two days to visit the last city of Machu Picchu and time to add on the optional climb to Huayna Picchu.
This tour includes meals and camping accommodation while on the trek, including one night in a hotel.
Day 1: Sacred Valley – Llactapata
Day 2: Llactapata – Llulluchapampa
Day 3: Llulluchapampa – Phuyupatamarca
Day 4: Phuyupatamarca – Machu Picchu
Day 5: Machu Picchu – Chinchero Artisan Market – Cusco
- Licensed guide fluent in English, Spanish, and Quechua, plus an assistant guide for large groups.
- Support staff including professional cooks and porters to carry all group gear
- All meals on the trek, which incorporate traditional Peruvian dishes as well as modern fusion cuisine and special dietary needs
- Drinking water and snacks
- Dining tent with table, stools, and all dining implements, toilet tent, and kitchen tent
- Sleeping tents and Thermarest.
- Emergency supplies, including first aid kit, oxygen, and emergency radios
- Pre-trek briefing
- All group fees, including Inca Trail permits and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes 3*
- One Way Expedition Train Service on day 5
- All transfers, private van to trailhead at km 82, bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, and private van from Aguas Calientes to your hotel in Cusco.
- Three-person tents are provided for single occupancy and four-person tents for double occupancy to allow plenty of room for personal gear
- Breakfast on the 1st day. Dinner on the 4th day at Aguas Calientes. Lunch and dinner on the 5th day.
- Personal hiking gear including backpacks, trekking poles, and sleeping bags. Poles and sleeping bags may be hired.
- Tips for guides, cooks, and porters
- Porter to carry sleeping bag or other personal gear. An additional porter may be hired to carry up to 15 kg/33 lbs.
- Save +US$ 41 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.DETAILS ABOUT HIKING THE INCA TRAIL Inca Trail regulations limit the number of people allowed on the Inca Trail to 500 people each day, including guides, porters and support staff. Permits are given on a “first-come, first-serve” basis only, so booking early is essential. This trek consists of six to eight hours of hiking per day. Plenty of time is allowed for you to set your own pace. Porters carry all equipment, food and 8kg of your personal belongings. You are responsible to carry your daypack with your camera, water bottle, and extra layers of clothing and/or rain gear. Free from the weight of a large pack, you have more time for snapping photos and enjoying the spectacular scenery. You will awake early in the morning to a fresh cup of tea brought to your tent, along with a bowl of hot water for washing. During the trek, our experienced cooks will prepare your meals using locally grown produce. The meals are well constructed, taking into account how your body digests food at different elevations.