- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 3100 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Trek to the uncrowded Choquequirao
- Enjoy stunning natural scenery
- Explore the pristine ecosystems of the Peruvian Andes
This journey has been thought out carefully and planned to give the traveller proper acclimatization time before and an adequate rest after exploring the site. The tour includes rest before and after at a lodge and two nights at Choquequirao campsite. The journey also includes a visit to the mysterious Saywite Monolith.
Day 1: Cusco - Saywite - Villa Los Loros lodge
Day 2: Villa Los Loros lodge - Playa S. Ignacio - Choquequirao
Day 3: Choquequirao full day
Day 4: Choquequirao - Villa Los Loros lodge
Day 5: Villa Los Loros lodge - Cusco
- Briefing at your Cusco hotel the day before departure
- Private transport service (Cusco - Villa Los Loros lodge - Cusco)
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish)
- Professional field chef
- Two nights lodging at Villa Los Loros lodge
- Two nights camping in Choquequirao
- High quality outdoor equipment
- Radio communication throughout the journey
- First aid kit
- All meals and beverages at the lodge and during the excursion
- Horsemen and pack mules
- Emergency saddled horse throughout the trek (1 for every 4 or 5 hikers)
- Entrance tickets to Saywite and Choquequirao
- Personal saddled horse on your way back up from Playa San Ignacio to Villa Los Loros lodge
- Alcoholic drinks
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSuggested packing list: Hiking shoes, walking sticks, a small backpack, thick socks, long sleeve “dry-fit” shirts, shorts, pants, (no jeans), sun cap, warm hat, coat or jacket, insect repellent, sunscreen, personal care items, and an absolute predisposition to the new and surprising… an openness to the unseen and the unknown!