- Witness the stunning historical sight without the hike
- Learn the impressive history and meaning behind this majestic location
- Be free to explore all corners of this wondrous ancient city
For the first part of your Machu Picchu day tour you will be escorted to some of the complex’s most prominent sites by one of our knowledgeable and friendly local guides. You will hear stories of the Inca Empire and its emperor Pachacutec. You will learn of how it is thought such a huge and magnificent structure was built in such a location, and gain insight into interesting theories and beliefs surrounding a variety of Machu Picchu’s structures. The Inca people were thought to have had some weird and wonderful traditions, many of which are shown through their design of such a magical place.
After a tour full of local insight and knowledge, you will be free to roam this vast complex at your own pace. Wander through the rows and patterns of rockwork, searching for little signs of life during the Inca Empire. Climb to the top of Huayna Picchu, or walk to the Sun Gate to get sweeping views of the city below. By four o’clock we will wind up our glorious Machu Picchu day tour and ride the train back to Cuzco, with a whole new world of the magical Machu Picchu consuming the thoughts in our sleepy and content minds.
- Local english speaking guide
- Expedition train and bus tickets
- Machu picchu entrance fee
- Transfers to/from train station in cusco.
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guides
- Water or any drinks.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.