- Walking tour
- Motorcycle tour
- duration 10 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek through the majestic Peruvian Andes to Machu Picchu
- Discover Inca culture on visits to the Sacred Valley & Cuzco
- Feel the rush of adrenaline on 4x4 motorbike & rafting trips
Discover the amazing region of Cuzco on an incredible 10-day trip. Explore Moray & Maras on a motorbike trip, go rafting on the Vilcanota River, trek within the beautiful landscapes of the Andes, visit the famous site of Machu Picchu, and admire ancient Inca ruins in the Sacred Valley.
Day 1: Cuzco, Peru
Day 2: Cuzco, Peru
Day 3: Cuzco, Peru
Day 4: Cuzco, Peru
Day 5: Cuzco - Wayllabamba Camp, Peru
Day 6: Wayllabamba Camp - Pacaymayo Camp, Peru
Day 7: Pacaymayo Camp - Runquracay Pass, Peru
Day 8: Runquracay Pass - Cuzco, Peru
Day 9: Cuzco, Peru
Day 10: Cuzco, Peru
- 9N in hostels, 3-star or 4-star hotels
- 6N in Cuzco
- 3N in camps during trek (including tent for 2 people and basic sleeping pad)
- 8 Dinner(s)
- 4 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s)
- Transport as per itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation pick-up in Cuzco to start the trek
- Regular bus service Cuzco - KM 82
- Regular bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Regular train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Regular bus ticket Ollantaytambo - Cuzco
- All transport during tours
- English speaking guide during some activities
- Trek to Machu Picchu and activities
- Machu Picchu guided visit
- ATV Quad Bike Adventure to Maras and Moray
- Cuzco Rafting and Zip-Line Adventure
- Full-Day visit to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Half-Day visit to the 4 nearby ruins of Cuzco
- Entrance fees and trek support
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Entrance Fees
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- International and/or domestic flights
- Entrance fee to Moray Archeological Site (approx. 70 Soles)
- Entrance fee to Salt Mines (approx. 10 Soles)
- Inflatable sleeping mattress (15USD for the trek)
- Professional trekking poles (15USD for the trek)
- Huayna Picchu Trek (approx. 200 Soles)
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (approx. 200 Soles)
- Other activities
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Machu Picchu Trek & Cuzco Adventure 10D/9N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Machu Picchu Trek & Cuzco Adventure 10D/9N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Machu Picchu Trek & Cuzco Adventure 10D/9N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Typical Meals on the Trek
On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance).
BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & couples will have a private room.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications. Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
WHITEWATER RAFTING CHECKLIST:
Bathing Suit (if it is warm out, and you can wear it under the wetsuit)
T-shirt (if it is warm out)
Sunblock and lip balm
EyeGlass Straps (if needed)
Old Sneakers, neoprene booties, or river shoes
Waterproof Camera (Our guides will help you to put it on your helmet)
Water (the outfitter may provide this)
Small Dry Bag (if the passenger needs any medicine or something, they usually leave their personal bellowings in the lodge)
Change of Clothes (for the drive back)
Throw bags and other rescue gear
COLD WEATHER WHITEWATER RAFTING CHECKLIST: (in addition to the list above)
Wear appropriate clothing
Always dress for immersion in cold water (wetsuits/drysuits)
Neoprene Booties (You can rent it for 15 soles)
ZIPLINE CHECKLIST:Helmet (Included)
Full Body Harnesses (Included)
Hand Braking (Included)
Wear weather appropriate clothing
Wear closed-toe shoes (sneakers or hiking shoes)
Go pro - Just for fun
Arrive 15 Minutes before your tour
Meet at our Pick Up Location COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols