- Walking tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek to the stunning Inca ruins of Machu Picchu
- Experience the breathtaking Amazon jungle
- Visit Cuzco, the capital of the old Inca Empire
Visit the surroundings of Cuzco, trek to the breathtaking Machu Picchu, and explore the unique Amazon jungle on this amazing 13-day trip through Peru.
Day 1: Cuzco, Peru
Day 2: Cuzco, Peru
Day 3: Cuzco - Wayllabamba Camp, Peru
Day 4: Wayllabamba Camp - Pacaymayo Camp, Peru
Day 5: Pacaymayo Camp - Wiñayhuayna Camp, Peru
Day 6: Wiñayhuayna Camp - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
Day 7: Cuzco - Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Day 8: Puerto Maldonado - Amazon Jungle, Peru
Day 9: Lima, Peru
Day 10: Cuzco - Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Day 11: Amazon Jungle - Puerto Maldonado - Cuzco, Peru
Day 12: Cuzco, Peru
Day 13: Cuzco, Peru
- 12 Nights in hostels, 3 or 4-star hotels and camping during the trek
- 4N in Cuzco
- 3N camping during Machu Picchu Trek (including tent for 2 people and basic sleeping pad)
- 1N in overnight bus trip from Puerto Maldonado to Cuzco
- 3N in lodge within the Amazon
- 1N in in overnight bus trip from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado
- 9 Breakfast(s)
- 6 Lunch(es)
- 6 Dinner(s) (with 3 Snacks)
- Airport transfers, train and bus transportation
- Airport Transfers
- Round Trip overnight bus Cuzco - Puerto Maldonado
- Round Trip tourist train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Round Trip tourist bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco
- Professional bilingual guide on trek and Machu Picchu tour and English speaking guide for certain activities
- Active adventure and city exploration
- Explore Cuzco
- ATV Quad Bike Adventure to Maras and Moray
- Trekking to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu guided visit
- Amazon Jungle Adventure
- Half-Day visit to the 4 nearby ruins in Cuzco
- Briefing, entry fees, services during trek
- Pre-departure briefing
- Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Emergency oxygen bottle and First aid kit
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- International and/or domestic flights
- Entrance fee to Moray Archeological Site (approx. 70 Soles)
- Entrance fee to Salt Mines (approx. 10 Soles)
- Inflatable sleeping mattress (15USD for the trek)
- Professional trekking poles (15USD for the trek)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (200 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Other activities
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Machu Picchu Trek & Amazon Combo 13D/12N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Machu Picchu Trek & Amazon Combo 13D/12N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Machu Picchu Trek & Amazon Combo 13D/12N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler and couples will have a private room.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
Typical Meals on the Trek
On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek.*Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance).
BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
LUNCH AND DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols