- Photography tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 22+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Cusco, Peru
- Visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu on 2 different occasions
- Enjoy a traditional pachamanca meal with a Qechua family
- Tour the Sacred Valley, the agricultural heart of the Inca empire
- Take photos of the night sky from Ollantaytambo
Explore indigenous villages and Inca temples on the way. Interact with the locals and enjoy traditional corn beer as well as a pachamanca meal. Your guide during this trip will be a Qechua native and a photographer who has extensive knowledge of photography and knows the best places where you can test your skills.
Get two entry tickets into Machu Picchu and enjoy ample opportunities to capture the beauty of the ruins at sunrise and sunset. For more about this trip, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cusco arrival & guided walking tour
Day 2: Sacred Valley tour & Ollantaytambo
Day 3: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
Day 4: Machu Picchu morning tour & train to Ollantaytambo
Day 5: Ollantaytambo - Pisac & pachamanca lunch
Day 6: Cusco departure
- 5 nights' accommodations in 3* hotels with private bath
- An English-speaking tour guide who is also an experienced photographer
- 5 breakfasts, 1 chicha beer (or the non-alcoholic chica morada) & 1 pachamanca lunch
- 2 entries to Machu Picchu (morning and afternoon)
- All ground transportation. Round-trip train tickets as per the itinerary
- Cusco airport transfer 1 way
- Trekking pole rental
- Single room supplement
- Cusco airport transfers (both pickup and drop off). Can be arranged on request
- All meals except those mentioned on the itinerary as well as bottled drinking water
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Hotel in Lima
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe weather in May can be very good time to travel to Machu Picchu. The rainy season tapers off in April and everything is lush and green. There's a good chance the skies may be clear for night photography. Temperatures are cool during the day but can spike up to 70sF/20sC for short periods of time. Dressing in layers is the ideal way to adjust to changing weather conditions.