- Bus tour
- Train tour
- Rainforest and jungle visits
- duration 19 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Make an express day trip to Machu Picchu by train
- Learn about this famous site on a 2hour guided tour
- Travel on the scenic Peru Railway with amazing views
If you are short on time, this is a day trip you cannot miss! Depart Cuzco to pass through the Andes and into the rainforest, reaching Aguas Calientes by first class train on the only tour to Machu Picchu that offers personalised attention from start to finish, private transport between Cuzco-Ollantaytambo, a private guide at Machu Picchu and a delicious lunch.
Machu Picchu is one of the new seven world wonders and a “must see” on the list of every world traveller. You'll have a memorable time with knowledgeable local guides that will offer you many of helpful insights. Start your experience with a personal introductory briefing one night prior to your departure date.
On the day of your adventure, you will be picked up at your hotel in Cuzco at 4:00 am for an early start on a vehicle to be transferred to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From Ollantaytambo, you will take an executive-class train along the Urubamba River Valley surrounded by majestic mountains and immerse yourself in amazing Peruvian landscapes. Delve into the Inca World as you arrive to the train station in Aguas Calientes, the nearest town to Machu Picchu, where you will be picked-up and taken to the marvelous Inca Citadel hidden away at the top of a mountain. Here you will take a 2-hour guided tour with a professional local guide.
After your guided tour, you will have free time to enjoy the archaeological site and walk around on your own. You can take an optional hike to the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) or to the Inca bridge. Your guide will give you recommendations and information on where to go as well as directions on how to get there. Sit down for a moment to relax and enjoy this magical site nestled deep in the Andean mountains surrounded by striking scenery.
When you are finished at Machu Picchu, you will return back to Aguascalientes and walk to the Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel for a delicious lunch made with the freshest local ingredients. Arrive anytime between 12:00 - 16:00 hours. Please plan your time accordingly at Machu Picchu so you can make it back to town in time for lunch and to meet your return train. Rest your legs and have a coffee to recharge your batteries before returning to Cuzco.
- Personal introductory briefing
- 2-hour guided tour at Machu Picchu with bilingual guide
- Private round-trip transfer Cuzco-Ollantaytambo
- Round-trip first class train tickets Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Lunch at Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Cuzco
- 7-hour experience at Machu Picchu
- Other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Guide for transfers by car, train and bus (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (48 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Tips for guide
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 19+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Machu Picchu by Train Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 July 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Machu Picchu by Train Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Machu Picchu by Train Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols