- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bathe in the Lares hot springs in the heart of the Sacred Valley
- Trek through local Quechuan communities teeming with centuries old traditions
- Enjoy a homestay with a local family before heading on to Ollantaytambo & Machu Picchu
On this two-day trek, embark on a journey through traditional native communities and see how the people thrive using local resources.
Starting at the Hot Springs of Lares Valley, you’ll pit stop for lunch after a fairly long drive from Cusco in the morning. After lunch, follow a trail for about four hours to the first campsite of Huachuasi. Here llamas & horses of the many of the farmsteads graze out in the open.
On the second day, head deeper into the valleys and see many traditional quechuan farm practices, whilst also scaling a 4,800 m mountain pass. During the descent, you’ll pass a mountain lake in Ipsaycocha and reach the town of Patacchanta for lunch.
Trek to Huilloc, a traditional Andean community, where you’ll spend the night at a homestay and take part in some local customs while enjoying a pachamanca-style dinner. On the final day, continue to Ollantaytambo to explore the ruins.
At the end of the trip, you can either decide to go back to Cusco or the Sacred Valley or onwards to Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco - Lares Hot Springs - Huacahuasi
Day 2: Huacahuasi - Ipsaycocha - Patacchanta - Huilloc
Day 3: Huilloc - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Professional bilingual guide, mountain cook, horsemen & arrieros, support guide/nurse
- Private transport
- Homestay accommodation
- Camping equipment
- Machu Picchu visit
- Domestic flights (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Hotels before or after trip (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Sleeping bags (available for hire)
- Tips for the crew
- Any additional extras
- Earn US$ 13+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPretrek briefing will be held in your hotel the evening before trek departure. Full names, date of births and passport numbers required for the entire trekking group (passport copy required from lead member). Dietary & medical requirements for whole group to be supplied before trek departure.