- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike to remote Quechua villages
- Interact with the local communities
- Enjoy stunning views of the snowcapped mountains
- Visit the archaeological site of Machu Picchu
Live a real cultural experience through this Lares Trek adventure. You will enjoy a decent amount of hiking and get some amazing views of the snow-capped mountains. The main draw of the Lares Trek is hiking to remote Quechua villages where locals are dressed in their traditional clothes. You will appreciate their unique way of living and how not much has changed in hundreds of years, before finishing your cultural experience with a guided tour of the amazing site of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cuzco - Wakawasi, Peru
Day 2: Wakawasi - Patacancha, Peru
Day 3: Patacancha - Aguas Calientes, Peru
Day 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
- 2 Nights camping during the trek (including basic sleeping mattress & tent for 2 people)
- 1 Night in 3-star hotel at Aguas Calientes
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s) (with 3 Snacks)
- Cuzco pick-up, various transfers
- Cuzco accommodation pick-up
- Van Cuzco - Lares town (starting point of the trek)
- Round Trip tourist train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Round Trip tourist bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco
- Active adventure
- Trekking to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
- Briefing, entry fees, services during trek
- Pre-departure briefing
- Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Foam sleeping mat
- Horses to carry cooking and camping equipment plus a total of 7 kilos for each trekker for the first 3 days of the trek (this includes 3 kilos for your sleeping bag & mattress plus 4 kilos of personal items)
- Cook who is responsible for preparing and serving all delicious Peruvian meals and snacks
- First aid kit & emergency oxygen bottle
- Airport pick-up/drop-off (please make your own way)
- Day 1 breakfast, day 4 lunch & dinner
- Bottled water
- Accommodation drop-off in Cuzco
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Hot springs Lares Town (10 soles)
- Small gift for communities
- Sleeping Bag (Rental $15 USD for the trek)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (48 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N (Start Trek on Day 1) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 24 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N (Start Trek on Day 1) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N (Start Trek on Day 1) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS:Days 1-2: Single travelers will share a tent with another traveler & couples will have a tent to themselves / Day 3: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & couples will have a private room.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:This hike is difficult, good physical conditions are needed as most of the hike is at high altitudes of 4000 meters (don't forget to bring warm clothes).
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST:Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Lares town (this activity is available at an additional price).
Note: Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing.We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.
Time schedule for meetings will be:
- Inca Trail and Lares6pm
- Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao7pm
- Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day&5pm
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Tels: +51 998 444933 Darwin, +51 952 272734 Freddy, +51 923 125342 Rene.
Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.