- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy magical mountain scenery while trekking through the Lares Valley
- See alpacas and llama herds grazing along the trail
- Explore Machu Picchu during a twohour guided tour
The highlight of the trek probably is Machu Picchu, the famous Inca citadel that you will explore during a two-hour, guided tour on the last day of the tour. However, there is more to this trip than just that. Enjoy the stunning scenery of Peruvian highlands, travel past villages where people still live in adobe and stone houses with thatch roofs. Cross two high passes that are more than 4000m and see beautiful natural landmarks along the way, including the gleaming Laguna Aruraycocha.
Visit to Machu Picchu on the final day of the tour. Combine the cultural heritage and natural beauty of the Peruvian Andes with a trip to the most impressive Inca ruin. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cusco - Lares - Huacahuasi
Day 2: Huacahuasi - Arurayoq - Mantanay
Day 3: Mantanay - Yanahuara - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu & departure
- A professional, bilingual tour guide
- Pickup from your hotel on Day 1 of the trip. Bus and train tickets from and to Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day (breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 4 are not included)
- Porters to carry personal belongings up to 5kg per person. Horseman and mules to carry cooking and camping equipment. A cook to prepare tour meals during the trek
- A 4-man tent for every 2 travellers and sleeping mattresses. A dining tent with a table and chairs
- An oxygen bottle and a first aid kit
- Meals as per the itinerary
- sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks (1 pair)
- International and domestic airfares
- Visa fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Insurance of any kind
- Expenses that are personal nature
- Single room and single tent USD 250
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.