- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Machu Picchu
- Enjoy hiking in the Andes, cross the Wayruruyoc Qasa Pass
- Take a train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calintes
- Visit Huilloc, one of the largest villages comprising the direct descendants of the Incas
Follow the Weaver’s Way during this hike, walking through the villages of traditional weavers. Learn more about the lives of the locals as you travel. See the village of Huilloc (3500m), one of the largest communities of those who have descended directly from the Incas. Cross the Wayruruyoc Qasa pass, located at the altitude of 4600m. Admire the beauty of the snow-capped peaks that provide a backdrop to the thatched houses, small farms and herds of alpacas and llamas that you see en route. Take a train to Aguas Calintes from Ollantaytambo. See beautiful sceneries along the way.
Enjoy the awe-inspiring natural beauty of Peruvian highlands and learn more about its rich cultural heritage during this trip. End your journey at the monumental Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. For more information about this tour, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Huacahuasi
Day 2: Huacahuasai – Queunacocha
Day 3: Queunacocha – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Aguas Calintes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Licensed guides fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua, plus assistant guides for large groups
- Support staff including professional cooks and wranglers for the mules and horses
- Horses and mules to carry group gear as well as large duffels bags (provided after the initial briefing) for personal items. No weight limit
- All meals during the trek. The meals incorporate traditional Peruvian dishes as well as modern cuisine. Special dietary requirements are considered
- Driking water and snacks
- Dining tents with table, stools, and all dining implements as well as toilet tents and kitchen tents
- Sleeping tents, foam pads, and therm-a-rests. Three-person tents are provided for single occupancy and four-person tents for double occupancy to allow plenty of room for personal gear.
- First aid kit, including oxygen cylinders
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (3 star hotel)
- Round-trip train tickets (Expedition Train Service)
- All transfers, including private vans from your Cusco hotel to Lares; transfer to Ollantaytambo; bus to and from Machu Picchu; and a private transfer back to your hotel in Cusco
- A personal riding horse. Additional horses may be hired according to the needs of individuals or groups and in case of emergencies at an extra cost
- Entrance to hot springs or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for guides, cooks, and wranglers
- Personal hiking gear including backpacks, trekking poles, and sleeping bags. Poles and sleeping bags may be rented.
- Dinner on the 3rd day in Aguas Calientes. Lunch and dinner on the 4th day
- Earn US$ 27+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.