- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4780 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Trek through the Sacred Valley
- Combine the beauty of the mountains with cultural exploration
The route we offer starts in the village of Pumahuanca in the Sacred Valley and finishes in the hot springs of Lares, with a visit to the village of Cuncani along the way. On day 3 of the trek, you take a bus from Lares to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by train to Machu Picchu.
In the day 4 afternoon, we take the train to Ollantaytambo and from there we will take the bus to Cusco.
Please see the detailed itinerary for more information.
Day 1: Cusco - Pumahuanca - Puyoc
Day 2: Puyoc - Yanacocha - Cuncani
Day 3: Cuncani - Lares
Day 4: Machu Picchu
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 8+
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7 kg of your personal items
- Pick-up from hotel
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Transportation by bus to Pumahuanca and from Lares to Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks and 3 dinners
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Accommodation in 3-star hotel on day 3
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Return bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping Bag (can be hired from us)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to Lares hot springs
- Travel Insurance
- Save +US$ 21 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Walking level: moderate to challenging Climate: Rather variable. Sunny, though on other days it can be cool and overcast. At high altitudes, conditions range from cool to decidedly cold in the early morning. If you have a dietary request please let us know.