- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike through Andes mountain villages
- See magical Machu Picchu in the early morning light
- Enjoy authentic views of community life
The most famous hike to reach Machu Picchu is the Inca Trail, yet other great and less crowded alternatives exist, such as the Lares Trek. This high altitude trek will please hikers interested in interacting with the local communities and seeing their way of life in the countryside.
Day 1: Cuzco-Wakawasi, Peru
Day 2: Wakawasi-Aguas Calientes, Peru
Day 3: Aguas Calientes-Cuzco, Peru
- Mixed accommodation
- 1 night camping on trek
- 1 night 3-star hotel
- 2 Breakfast(s)
- 2 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Mixed transport
- Accommodation pick-up
- Roundtrip tourist train
- All transport on tour as per itinerary
- 3 day trek to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
- Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Foam sleeping mat
- Horses to carry cooking and camping equipment plus a total of 7kg for each trekker for the first 2 days of the trek (3kg for your sleeping bag & mattress plus 4kg of personal items.)
- Cook responsible for preparing and serving all meals
- First Aid kit & emergency oxygen bottle
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 4
- Bamba t-shirt, water bottle and travel towel
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation drop-off in Cuzco
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Sleeping bag (rental $15 USD for the trek)
- Bottled water
- Hot springs Lares Town (10 soles)
- Optional Huayna Picchu trek (48 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu mountain hike (48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Small Gift for communities
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips: (Please remember that tipping is 100% optional and depends entirely on the service you received. It is customary to give tips in Latin America, however it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip these are our recommended guidelines.) Main Guide: 40-60 soles per trekker, Assistant Guide: 30-40 soles per trekker, Porters: 60-80 soles for each porter from the whole group, Cook: 150-200 soles for the cook from the whole group
- Travel insurance Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 36 today.
- Save US$ 24+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lares Express Trek to Machu Picchu 3D/2N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 204 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 03 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lares Express Trek to Machu Picchu 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lares Express Trek to Machu Picchu 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
MEALS ON TREK
All of our cooks pride themselves on their delicious specialty menus with the freshest local ingredients available with vegetarian option for every meal (please advise at least 2 days prior to departure).
During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex & couples will have a tent to themselves.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card and personal medications.
This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
BRIEF HISTORY OF MACHU PICCHU & ADVICE
Machu Picchu was (relatively recently) "discovered" by American historian, Hiram Bingham, in 1911 while searching for the legendary "lost city of the Incas". Hiram Bingham and his local guides stumbled across the site which was then covered in thick vegetation which was later cleared revealing the magical mountain-top archaeological site and opening up the possibility for archaeologists to conduct research on the site by 1915. Whether arriving via Inca Trail or entering from Aguas Calientes don't miss the excellent photo opportunities from the following spots: Hut of the Caretaker of the Funerary Rock (a restored building with a thatched roof), Sacred Plaza with views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba in the distance and Rio Urubamba below. Take a short walk out to the Inca Drawbridge (30 minutes) and Inti Punku (45 - 60 minutes) for great views of the site as dawn breaks and the clouds lift over Machu Picchu.
The one and only, the most spectacular (and not to mention most popular) archaeological site in all of South America. Your guide will take you on a 2-hour tour of Machu Picchu walking you through the most important sites and covering the history of the place. Then you will have free time to explore on your own and take pictures at your leisure.
Take an OPTIONAL hike up the steep peak named Huayna Picchu, which is located inside the Machu Picchu archaeological site. This sometimes muddy peak takes about 45 - 60 minutes to hike up and awards you with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu from a coveted perspective. Keep in mind that if you want to take this optional hike, you must now purchase your ticket at least 2 weeks in advance for an additional cost in order to get one of the 400 passes (200 people are allowed up at 7:00am and 200 more at 10:00am). Please send us an email directly to request this extra ticket.
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.
Time schedule for meetings will be:
- Inca Trail and Lares 6pm
- Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm
- Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Tels: +51 998 444933 Darwin, +51 952 272734 Freddy, +51 923 125342 Rene.
Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.