- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike the original & legendary Inca Trail
- See ancient Inca ruins along the trek
- Reach Machu Picchu in the early morning
- Enjoy delicious Peruvian food
A spectacularly rich experience in the Andean Mountains awaits you! Immerse yourself in the Inca culture as you hike 43 kilometers through the heart of the beautiful Andes. This 4-day trek is the only one to take you along the original Inca Trail, arriving in the early morning light to Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cuzco - Wayllabamba Camp, Peru
Day 2: Wayllabamba Camp - Pacaymayo Camp, Peru
Day 3: Pacaymayo Camp - Wiñayhuayna Camp, Peru
Day 4: Wiñayhuayna Camp - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
- 3N Camping during trek (including tent for 2 people and basic sleeping pad)
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s)
- 3 snacks with typical menus (veggie option available)
- Mixed transport
- Accommodation pick-up
- Roundtrip bus to/from start & end point of tour
- Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Inca Trail Trek
- Machu Picchu Visit
- Professional bilingual guide on trek and Machu Picchu tour
- Fees and extra support
- Pre-departure briefing
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- First Aid Kit
- The COMPLETE service INCLUDES a thermal sleeping bag, foam sleeping mat, duffel bag & porter to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs sleeping bag & mat + 4kgs personal items).
- The reduced BASIC (LIGHT) service ONLY INCLUDES a basic foam sleeping mat and EXCLUDES the thermal sleeping bag, duffel bag & porter to carry personal gear. You will carry your own backpack, sleeping bag, mattress and personal gear
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Accommodation in Cuzco
- Day 1 breakfast, Day 4 lunch and dinner, bottled water
- Guide for bus and train transfers
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 July 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
The COMPLETE service INCLUDES a thermal sleeping bag, foam sleeping mat, duffel bag & porter to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs sleeping bag & mat + 4kgs personal items).
EXTRA ITEMS FOR RENT IN CUZCO: Inflatable Sleeping Mattress, Professional Trekking Poles.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex & couples will have a tent to themselves.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
Typical Meals on the Trek
On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek.
*Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance).
BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
- Inflatable Sleeping Mattress ($15 USD for the trek)
- Professional Trekking Poles ($15 USD for the trek)
- Huayna Picchu Trek (200 Soles)
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (200 Soles)
Tips (Tipping is 100% optional depending on the service you received. Although tipping is customary in Latin America, it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, we recommend $40-50 USD per trekker for the entire team of porters, cooks and guides.)
*Optional extras are subject to availability and prices may change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm pricing and availability at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
Pre departure mandatory briefing for Inca Trail Trek: 18:00 the day before departure.
Check-in with your passport a few days to a few hours before your briefing to let us know you’ve
arrived safely and get some individualized attention. We’ll confirm your pick-up info and answer any
questions you may have, like booking extras, rental equipment, etc.
2. Pre-departure briefing
Return to our office for a mandatory pre-departure briefing the day before your trek. Meet your group
and local Bamba guide, receive detailed information on your excursion and a list of what to bring, and
ask any last-minute questions at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at
5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek.
You can find directions to the offices HERE.
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Telephones: +51 998 444933, +51 952 272734 or +51 923 125 342
Single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex & couples will have a tent to themselves.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS:
Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications. Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
Your passport is used to get into Machu Picchu, without it you will not be allowed in. If you had to renew or replace your passport since booking please bring your old passport, or a photocopy of it with you for access. You must bring your passport to the briefing too!
You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols