- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4215 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Challenge yourself on the most beautiful trek in the world
- Set foot on this ancient Inca trail, the very trail used by the Incas
- Witness spectacular landscapes and mountain views
It’s popularity is unsurprising, as this ancient trail scales spectacular mountain passes with breathtaking views across the majestic Andes; it passes the ruins of numerous Inca settlements, many of them meticulously preserved by the passage of time; it winds through remote Andean communities still active in the livelihoods of generations past and it leads us through contrasting ecological environments from the barren mountainside, to eerie Cloud Forest to the lush green valleys.
And of course the Classic Inca Trail concludes at the jewel in the Peruvian crown, the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Named as one of the “New Wonders of the World” in 2000.
We will camp for 3 nights in the most spectacular and remote locations. Far from the crowds and the lights of the city, the skies in the Andes are a wonder all to themselves and the display of constellations and shooting stars is truly mesmerising. We pride ourselves on making your camping experience as comfortable as possible, using only the highest quality equipment, and with a team of porters whose skill and experience will ensure your safety at all times. Perhaps the jewel in our crown though are our chefs, who are truly culinary masters on the mountain. You will be amazed at the delicious meals they prepare for us!
We take care of booking all transfers, transport and tickets, ensuring that the tour goes as smoothly as possible. Our guides are especially selected for their trekking experience and their historical knowledge; keeping us on the right path, setting the pace for the hike and providing historical commentary and context for the many sites that we will see along the way.
Our time on the trail demands a number of steep ascents to passes above 4,000m. As such we consider this trek to be ‘Challenging’ and recommend it for people with a good level of fitness, and some trekking experience. If you are unsure of whether this trek is for you, please do get in touch as we would be happy to discuss it with you.
We look forward to welcoming you on this unforgettable trek, guaranteed to leave you breathless….from the views!
Classic Inca Trail is the perfect journey of your vacations¡ Waht are you waiting for, book now.
Day 1: WARM-UP DAY TO HUAYLLABAMBA (L) (D)
Day 2: CHALLENGING DAY THROUGH THE DEAD WOMAN'S PASS
Day 3: HISTORY LESSONS AND A FULL DAY OF HIKING (B) (L) (D)
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU (B)
- A trekking guide, knowledgeable in history, tradition, fauna and flora
- Transport to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Meals (3xbreakfast, 3xLunch, 3xdinner)
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu (does not include Huayna Picchu)
- Porters, who will carry all the equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc.)
- Cook who prepares food
- Boiled drinking water during the trek
- First Aid Kit, carried by your guide
- Equipment (sleeping tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table, chairs, air mattresses)
- Duffle bag if needed
- Bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (expedition)
- Sleeping bag ( Dont worry about bringing your sleeping bag all the way from from, Condor expeditions will provide you clean sleeping bags for free
- Lunch on the last day at Aguas Calientes
- Tips for porters and guides
- Huayna Picchu tickets
- Extra porter to carry your bag
- Save +US$ 25 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.