- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3171
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cosmopolitan, scenic and steeped in Incan heritage, Cusco is a dream to walk around. Marvel at the cathedral, explore colonial art and architecture or explore the incredible ruins nearby
- Cusco's central market is a great chance to meet Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas and browse for weird and wonderful Andean specialties
- Hike to the mother of all Incan cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins, plus free time to explore at your leisure
- Whether it's the classic Inca Trail* or the quieter Quarry Trail you hike, you'll be treated to incredible sunrise views over misty Machu Picchu – just cross your fingers for clear skies!
- With a cook to prepare meals and porters to carry your equipment, you can focus on the walk and get the most out of your experience
- At Intrepid we’ve always been about balancing profit and purpose and as the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all – join us and help make the world a better place.
- Show more
Spend a week retracing the steps of the ancient Inca civilisation on the historical Inca trail hike. Explore Cusco's maze of ruins and cobblestone streets, and discover the fascinating colonial and Inca histories that have visually impacted this fascinating town. Rise early to join our expert local guides and porters for a challenging hike along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Watch the sun rise over the enigmatic ruins and get lost exploring these crumbling structures, an experience that is sure to take your breath away. This week-long tour is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will challenge and reward.
Day 1: Cusco
Day 2: Inca Trail (3100m)* or Quarry Trail (3700m)
Day 3: Inca Trail (3650m)* or Quarry Trail (3600m)
Day 4: Inca Trail (2650m)* or Aguas Calientes (2040m)
Day 5: Machu Picchu (2430) - Cusco
Day 6: Cusco
- Route 1 - Inca Trail: Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Route 2 - Quarry Trail: Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Hotel (3 nights).
- 5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- 4 day guided hike with porters' support
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. World Nomads' travel insurance has been designed by travelers for travelers.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Inca Trail Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This tour is a Short Break Adventure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader, our local representative fills this role and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- The trip is recommended for those with a moderate level of fitness but there are also a few different trail options to suit your interests and physical capabilities. Please bring durable footwear suitable to hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
- On the trail you'll be camping with basic facilities. It's not exactly the Hilton Hotel, but the rewards of the trek are great.
- According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
- Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.