- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cosmopolitan, scenic and steeped in Incan heritage, Cusco is a dream to walk around. Marvel at the cathedral, explore colonial art and architecture or explore the incredible ruins nearby
- Cusco's central market is a great chance to meet Quechuaspeaking descendants of the Incas and browse for weird and wonderful Andean specialties
- Hike to the mother of all Incan cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins, plus free time to explore at your leisure
- Whether it's the classic Inca Trail* or the quieter Quarry Trail you hike, you'll be treated to incredible sunrise views over misty Machu Picchu – just cross your fingers for clear skies!
Spend a week retracing the steps of the ancient Inca civilisation on the historical Inca trail hike. Explore Cusco's maze of ruins and cobblestone streets, and discover the fascinating colonial and Inca histories that have visually impacted this fascinating town. Rise early to join our expert local guides and porters for a challenging hike along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Watch the sun rise over the enigmatic ruins and get lost exploring these crumbling structures, an experience that is sure to take your breath away. This week-long tour is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will challenge and reward.
Inca Trail (3100m)* or Quarry Trail (3700m)
Inca Trail (3650m)* or Quarry Trail (3600m)
Inca Trail (2650m)* or Aguas Calientes (2040m)
Machu Picchu (2430) - Cusco
- Route 1 - Inca Trail: Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Route 2 - Quarry Trail: Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Hotel (3 nights).
- 5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- 4 day guided hike with porters' support
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This tour is a Short Break Adventure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader, our local representative fills this role and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- The trip is recommended for those with a moderate level of fitness but there are also a few different trail options to suit your interests and physical capabilities. Please bring durable footwear suitable to hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
- On the trail you'll be camping with basic facilities. It's not exactly the Hilton Hotel, but the rewards of the trek are great.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.