- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Tour Code BM-3282
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- This trip allows both trekkers and non-trekkers to visit Machu Picchu – one of the magnificent Seven Wonders of the World, perched high in the Andes mountains – with scenic hiking trails and train options.
- Travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, known for the steep and soaring scenery, mystical significance and the Indigenous cultures that still reside here.
- Visit a locally-run restaurant and café in Urubamba in the Sacred Valley that hires single mothers to support their children and the local community – and sit down to enjoy an organic, homemade beet cake and coffee.
- Explore Cusco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Incan and colonial influences and seemingly endless things to do and see.
- Whether you trek the Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, you'll be travelling responsibly with a company that cares about balancing profit and purpose. Intrepid is the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail and we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Awamaki. Donations help them empower indigenous women artisans in Peru with skills training and job opportunities that provide financial independence.
- Show more
Travel to Peru to retrace the steps of the Incas – Peru's fascinating ancient civilisation. Travel from Cusco, through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley and to the magnificent Ollantaytambo ruins before the ultimate destination – Machu Picchu, one of the famed Seven Wonders of the World. This week-long trip is a choose-your-own-adventure type of deal – you can hike the Inca Trail, the Quarry Trail, or take it easy in Cusco and take the train to Machu Picchu. Allowing travellers of all abilities the opportunity to see this wonder first-hand, this trip is a perfect way to see Peru’s highlights when you don’t have more than a week.
Day 1: Cusco
Day 2: Ollantaytambo
Day 3: Inca Trail
Day 4: Inca Trail
Day 5: Inca Trail
Day 6: Cusco
Day 7: Cusco
- Route 1 - Inca Trail: Camping with basic facilities (3 nights), Hotel (3 nights). Route 2 - Quarry Trail: Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Hotel (4 nights). Route 3 - Train option: Hotel (6 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Bus , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Cusco - Leader-led orientation walk
- Sacred Valley - Community visit & lunch
- Sacred Valley - Coffee & cake
- 3 Night/4 Day Inca Trail (or 2 Night/3 Day Inca Quarry Trail) guided hike(s) with porters' support. Or guided Cusco stay (Machu Picchu by train)
- Machu Picchu - Guided tour
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- This trip involves a lot of walking to see the sites, and if you trek the Inca Trail* or Quarry Trail, there'll be strenuous hiking. The trip is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Please bring comfortable footwear suitable for hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- For those who trek the Inca Trail or Quarry Trail, you'll be camping with basic facilities.
- According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
- Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.