- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the magnificent and remote ‘lost’ Inca ruins of Choquequirao and experience an incredible and very rarely seen view of Machu Picchu against dramatic mountains from the Inca site at Llaqtapata
- Undertake a remote and unique trek along the spectacular Vilcabamba Mountain Range between two sacred Inca Rivers
- Discover ancient Machu Picchu
- Take in the historic city of Cusco, the royal capital of the Inca Empire
Traverse via the lost ruins of Choquequirao to Machu Picchu. Stunning views of snow-covered Andean peaks, ancient cloud forest, abundant wildflowers and the Inca ruins of Choquequirao are just some of the highlights of this outstanding trek. Our route follows a mountain traverse between two sacred Inca rivers - to the west the Apurimac and to the east the Urubamba. These mighty rivers are the main tributaries of the Amazon. Between them lies the great Vilcabamba Mountain Range - the last stronghold of the Inca Empire. Unique to this area is the spectacular 'lost' ruins of Choquequirao. Built by the Incas in the 15th century, like Machu Picchu, it became lost in high jungle which engulfed the ruins until being rediscovered in the early 20th century. A day is set aside to explore this impressive site before continuing our trek to the Inca site at Patallacta which provides a stunning and rarely seen view of our final destination - Machu Picchu.
Day 1 : Arrive Cusco
Day 2 : In Cusco, sightseeing
Day 3 : Tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 4 : Second day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 5 : Drive to Trailhead at Capuliyoc to start trek
Day 6 : Trek to Playa Rosalinda and continue to Choquequirao
Day 7 : Full day exploring Choquequirao
Day 8 : Trek Choquequirao to Pinchi Unuyoc
Day 9 : Trek Pinchi Unuyoc to Maizal
Day 10 : Trek Maizal to Yanama
Day 11 : Trek Yanama to Totora
Day 12 : Trek Totora to Lucmabamba
Day 13 : Trek Lucmabamba to Patallacta and train to Aguas Calientes
Day 14 : Visit Machu Picchu
Day 15 : Drive to Cusco airport, trip concludes
- Comfortable and central hotels, primarily Casa Andina Classic hotels
- 14 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 8 dinners
- Airport transfers if arriving/departing on first or last day
- Private internal transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a gear pack including sleeping bag, fibre filled jacket, thermarest and headtorch
- Group camping equipment
- Porters to carry personal gear
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed (including Machu Picchu entrance fee)
- International Flights and Taxes
- Internal Flights and Taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Cost of laundry and alcoholic beverages
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.