- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 13+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the classic Inca Trail or alternative Lares Trek
- Morning tour of Machu Picchu when it's at its quietest
- Jungle walks, canopy towers and boat rides to discover the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlife
- Time to visit the markets and museums of Cuzco
The ancient Inca capital of Cuzco is brimming with Spanish churches and Inca fortresses just waiting to be explored. There’s fun to be had in the nearby Sacred Valley, with the chance to go paddle-boarding on Lake Piuray or mountain biking around the salt flats of Maras. Having acclimatised, we follow in the footsteps of the Incas along the classic four day Inca Trail to the mysterious citadel of Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate. In contrast to the Andes we delve into the tropical Amazon Rainforest and spend three days exploring the jungle trails, canopy towers and river banks in search of wildlife.
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); afternoon orientation tour (on foot).
Day 2-3: Sightseeing and activities in Cuzco to acclimatise; choice of optional
activities including a cookery class, paddle-boarding, mountain biking or
zip-lining in the Sacred Valley.
Day 4: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along Urubamba
River, climb to Huayllabamba
Day 5: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then descend to
Day 6: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of Sayajmarca
Day 7: The Classic Inca Trail: Descend to the Sun Gate for majestic views of Machu
Picchu; overnight in Aguas Calientes.
Day 8: Morning tour of Machu Picchu; return to Cuzco.
Day 9: Free day in Cuzco for shopping or activities.
Day 10: Fly to Puerto Maldonado; boat transfer to Amazon lodge in the Tambopata
Day 11-12: Discover the rainforest and its wildlife on foot, by boat and via a canopy
Day 13: Fly to Lima and overnight
Day 14: End Lima
- 7 nights en suite hotels, 3 nights full-service camping and 3 nights rainforest lodge
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- Travel by minibus, train, 2 internal flights, boat and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage.
- Group normally 8 to 16, plus leader and support staff
- Altitude max. 4215m, average 3050m
- 7kg personal weight limit on trek
- Alternative Lares Trek or One Day Inca Trail Option available when Inca Trail permits have sold out
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to Cusco and from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 125+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 358 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 12 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.