- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 13+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the classic Inca Trail or alternative Moonstone Trek
- Morning tour of Machu Picchu when it's at its quietest
- Jungle walks, canopy towers and boat rides to discover the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlife
- Time to visit the markets and museums of Cuzco
The ancient Inca capital of Cuzco is brimming with Spanish churches and Inca fortresses just waiting to be explored. There’s fun to be had in the nearby Sacred Valley, with the chance to go paddle-boarding on Lake Piuray or mountain biking around the salt flats of Maras. Having acclimatised, we follow in the footsteps of the Incas along the classic four day Inca Trail to the mysterious citadel of Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate. In contrast to the Andes we delve into the tropical Amazon Rainforest and spend three days exploring the jungle trails, canopy towers and river banks in search of wildlife.
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); afternoon orientation tour (on foot).
Day 2-3: Sightseeing and activities in Cuzco to acclimatise; choice of optional
activities including a cookery class, paddle-boarding, mountain biking or
zip-lining in the Sacred Valley.
Day 4: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along Urubamba River, climb to
Day 5: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then descend to Pacaymayu.
Day 6: Over Runcuray Pass (3800m) to ruins of Sayajmarca and spectacular campsite
Day 7: Descend to the Sun Gate for majestic views of Machu Picchu; overnight in
Day 8: Morning tour of Machu Picchu; return to Cuzco.
Day 9: Free day in Cuzco for shopping or activities.
Day 10: Fly to Puerto Maldonado; boat transfer to Amazon lodge in the Tambopata
Day 11-12: Discover the rainforest and its wildlife on foot, by boat and via a canopy
Day 13: Transfer to Puerto Maldonado Airport; tour ends.
- 6 nights en suite hotels, 3 nights full-service camping and 3 nights rainforest lodge
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- Travel by minibus, train, 1 internal flight, boat and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage.
- Group normally 8 to 16, plus leader and support staff
- Altitude max. 4215m, average 3050m
- 7kg personal weight limit on trek
- Alternative remote Moonstone Trek available when Inca Trail permits have sold out
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 31 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.