- Walking tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 13+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek the classic Inca Trail Morning tour of Machu Picchu when it's at its quietestJungle walks, canopy towers and boat rides to discover the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlifeTime to visit the markets and museums of CuzcoChance to go mountain biking, paddleboarding or ziplining in the Sacred Valley (all optional)
The ancient Inca capital of Cuzco is brimming with Spanish churches and Inca fortresses just waiting to be explored. There’s fun to be had in the nearby Sacred Valley, with the chance to go paddle-boarding on Lake Piuray or mountain biking around the salt flats of Maras. Having acclimatised, we follow in the footsteps of the Incas along the classic four day Inca Trail to the mysterious citadel of Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate. In contrast to the Andes we delve into the tropical Amazon Rainforest and spend three days exploring the jungle trails, canopy towers and river banks in search of wildlife.
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); afternoon orientation tour (on foot).
Day 2-3: Sightseeing and activities in Cuzco to acclimatise; choice of optional
activities including a cookery class, paddle-boarding, mountain biking or
zip-lining in the Sacred Valley.
Day 4: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along Urubamba
River, climb to Huayllabamba
Day 5: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then descend to
Day 6: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of Sayajmarca
Day 7: The Classic Inca Trail: Descend to the Sun Gate for majestic views of Machu
Picchu; overnight in Aguas Calientes.
Day 8: Morning tour of Machu Picchu; return to Cuzco.
Day 9: Free day in Cuzco for shopping or activities.
Day 10: Fly to Puerto Maldonado; boat transfer to Amazon lodge in the Tambopata
Day 11-12: Discover the rainforest and its wildlife on foot, by boat and via a canopy
Day 13: Fly to Lima and overnight
Day 14: End Lima
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Full porterage throughout trek Exodus kitbag Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to Cusco and from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca & Amazon Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.