- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the Inca Trail, get off the beaten track on the Wild Andes Trek or opt to take the train to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu explore the spectacular Inca citadel set high in the Andes Mountains
- Cusco and the Sacred Valley discover the heart of the Inca Empire, exploring Pisac and the incredible archaeological site of Ollantaytambo
- Colca Canyon catch sight of condors flying above this vast canyon
Kicking off in Cusco, trek or catch the train to the legendary ruins of Machu Picchu, visit the vast Colca Canyon, explore the beautiful city of Arequipa, gaze at the mysterious Nazca Lines and go sandboarding in the desert oasis of Huacachina, before ending your adventure in the Peruvian capital of Lima.
Day: 1 Cusco
Day: 2 Sacred Valley
Day: 3 Inca Trail
Day: 4 Inca Trail
Day: 5 Inca Trail
Day: 6 Machu Picchu
Day: 7 Cusco
Day: 8 Raqchi
Day: 9 Chivay
Day: 10 Colca Canyon
Day: 11-12 Arequipa
Day: 13 Puerto Inca
Day: 14 Nazca
Day: 15 Ica and Huacachina
Day: 16 Ballestas Islands
Day: 17 Lima
- Option 1 - Wild Andes Trek - 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners. 11 nights simple hotels, 3 nights camping, 1 night hostel and 1 night homestay
- Option 2 - Inca Trail Trek - 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners. 10 nights simple hotels, 4 nights camping, 1 night hostel and 1 night homestay
- Option 3 - Machu Picchu by Train - 15 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners. 13 nights simple hotels, 1 night hostel, 1 night camping and 1 night homestay
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 2 night stay and guided trip to see Colca Canyon and condors
- Quechua Indian homestay, community crafts project and guided visit to the Raqchi ruins
- Guided tour of the Sacred Valley
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Services of two crew (drivers/tour leaders) and local guides along the way
- Choice of the unique Wild Andes Trek, the classic Inca Trail or scenic train to Machu Picchu
- Boat trip to see the seals & seabirds of the Ballestas Islands
- Visit to the ancient Nazca sites of the Chauchilla Cemetery and nearby Cahuachi Pyramid
- Items of a personal nature, additional meals and drinks
- International flights and visas
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag and roll mat - please bring your own for camping
- Local payment - $1200pp, paid in USD
- Bookmundi is partner with On The Go Tours. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 46 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Footsteps of the Incas Westbound - 17 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Footsteps of the Incas Westbound - 17 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.