- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the Inca Trail, get off the beaten track on the Wild Andes Trek or opt to take the train to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu explore the spectacular Inca citadel set high in the Andes Mountains
- Cusco and the Sacred Valley discover the heart of the Inca Empire, exploring Pisac and the incredible archaeological site of Ollantaytambo
- Colca Canyon catch sight of condors flying above this vast canyon
Taking in Peru's biggest attractions and travelling overland from Cusco to Lima, this 17-day overland adventure visits the vast Colca Canyon, the mysterious Nazca Lines, the beautiful city of Arequipa and the desert oasis of Huacachina, with trekking options to reach the spectacular ruins of Machu Picchu.
Day: 1 Cusco
Day: 2 Sacred Valley
Day: 3 Inca Trail
Day: 4 Inca Trail
Day: 5 Inca Trail
Day: 6 Machu Picchu
Day: 7 Cusco
Day: 8 Raqchi
Day: 9 Chivay
Day: 10 Colca Canyon
Day: 11-12 Arequipa
Day: 13 Puerto Inca
Day: 14 Nazca
Day: 15 Ica and Huacachina
Day: 16 Ballestas Islands
Day: 17 Lima
- Option 1 - Wild Andes Trek - 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners. 11 nights simple hotels, 3 nights camping, 1 night hostel and 1 night homestay
- Option 2 - Inca Trail Trek - 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners. 10 nights simple hotels, 4 nights camping, 1 night hostel and 1 night homestay
- Option 3 - Machu Picchu by Train - 15 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners. 13 nights simple hotels, 1 night hostel, 1 night camping and 1 night homestay
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 2 night stay and guided trip to see Colca Canyon and condors
- Quechua Indian homestay, community crafts project and guided visit to the Raqchi ruins
- Guided tour of the Sacred Valley
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Services of two crew (drivers/tour leaders) and local guides along the way
- Choice of the unique Wild Andes Trek, the classic Inca Trail or scenic train to Machu Picchu
- Boat trip to see the seals & seabirds of the Ballestas Islands
- Visit to the ancient Nazca sites of the Chauchilla Cemetery and nearby Cahuachi Pyramid
- Items of a personal nature, additional meals and drinks
- International flights and visas
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag and roll mat - please bring your own for camping
- Local payment - $1200pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 65 today.
- Save US$ 43+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Footsteps of the Incas Westbound - 17 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Footsteps of the Incas Westbound - 17 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Footsteps of the Incas Westbound - 17 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
Twin Share room may not always be available for solo travelers, as it depends on each individual tour departure. If Twin Share room is not available for the departure you have booked, we will let you know.