- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 8+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4213 meters
- Trek this famous route with a local tour company
- Explore ancient ruins along the 4day Inca Trail trek
- Enjoy amazing meals prepared by your expert chef and porters
- Arrive at Machu Picchu on foot via the famous sun gate
Our exciting itinerary offers 4 days of trekking along the original Inca pathways, passing a spectacular array of Inca ruins along the way. The trail is located high in the Peruvian Andes climbing gradually from the valley floor (2,700m / 8,856 ft) to the most spectacular mountain passes (as high as 4,215m / 13,825ft). At every turn, the surrounding scenery will take your breath away!
Hiking the 4 day Inca Trail is a strenuous and awe-inspiring adventure. For four days we will push ourselves to our physical limits, resting each night under the spectacular Andean night sky. But on our final day, any feelings of pain and exhaustion simply disappear as the mist lifts to reveal the emerald peaks and terraced ruins of the mystical ancient city.
Action Peru Treks invites you to awaken your senses through this awe-inspiring trekking experience to Machu Picchu. The trek is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Day 1: Cusco – Trailhead at Km 82 – Ayapata
Day 2: Ayapata – Dead Woman’s Pass – Pacaymayu – Chaqui
Day 3: Chaquicocha – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna
Day 4: Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Professional licensed guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
- A personal porter to carry up to 7 kg
- Pre trek briefing 1 to 2 days before the trek
- Support staff including professional cooks and porters to carry all group gear
- Three breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- Drinking water and snacks
- Dining tent with table, stools, and all dining implements
- Kitchen tent and toilet tent
- Sleeping tents and air mattresses (a four-person tent for every two people)
- Emergency supplies, including first aid kit, oxygen, and emergency radios
- All group fees, including Inca Trail permits and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- All transfers: a private van to the trailhead at km 82, bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and private van from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Hiking poles (can be rented from us)
- Huayna Picchu mountain ticket, USD 75
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Tips for porters, chef, and guide
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.