- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ride between Inca ruins of the Sacred Valley
- Cycle along the shores of Lake Titicaca
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, set against its dramatic Andean backdrop
- Homestay on traditional Llachon peninsula, Lake Titicaca
On this tour we cycle between some of the world’s most iconic travel destinations: from the truly spectacular mountain top city of Machu Picchu and the high-altitude plains of the Altiplano to Cusco, the buzzing capital of the ancient Inca Empire. Pedalling past impressive Inca ruins like Sacsayhuaman, Pisac and Moray, our route hugs the Urubamba River as we cycle amongst 4000m peaks and learn about the country’s rich and fascinating history whilst staying with local families. Ending our tour on the shores of the vast Lake Titicaca, we visit the floating reed islands of Uros and discover the ‘folklore capital’ of Puno where we can stock up on hand-made souvenirs before flying home.
Day 1: Start Cusco (3400m); short orientation walk and ‘locals’ guided city
Day 2: Discover the Inca ruins above Cusco by bike on a mainly downhill
Day 3: Ride from Tipon Archeological site to Huacarpay lagoon; after lunch ride
from Huambitio Bridge to Pisac
Day 4: Visit Pisac ruins and explore the artisan Andean market; cycle through
villages and farming haciendas in the heart of the Sacred Valley to Urubamba
Day 5: Cycle amidst colourful fields and Inca terraces, visiting the salt pans of
Maras and the ruins of Moray en route.
Day 6: Cycle from Izcuchaca to Pacchar
Day 7: Cycle from Urubamba to Ollantaytambo; explore the town and Ollantaytambo
Day 8: Guided tour of the Lost City of Machu Picchu; return to Cusco.
Day 9: Free day in Cusco.
Day 10: Drive onto the Altiplano; cycle from La Raya Pass (4313m) to a working Alpaca
hacienda for the night.
Day 11: Drive to the Llachon peninsula, Lake Titicaca and ride along the lakeshore;
overnight in a homestay.
Day 12: Boat ride across Lake Titicaca to Puno, visiting the floating reed islands of
the Uros en route.
Day 13: End Puno.
- 10 nights en suite hotels, 1 night alpaca hacienda and 1 night homestay , All breakfasts, 9 lunches and 2 dinners included All accommodation All transport and listed activities Tour leader throughout (if booking flight inclusive) Local bike hire
- 8 days cycling with full vehicle support
- 60% tarmac, 40% unsurfaced roads
- Amazon Rainforest extension available
- Any international flights to Cusco and from Puno are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Peru: Machu Picchu & Titicaca tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Peru: Machu Picchu & Titicaca tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 485 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Peru: Machu Picchu & Titicaca tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Peru: Machu Picchu & Titicaca tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.