- Walking tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Cusco, Peru
- Learn about the distillation and history of Pisco, the national drink of Peru
- Get your mix on and learn to make the perfect Pisco Sour, like a true Peruvian local!
- Choose your favourite Pisco flavour as you try a few in a local bar
- Walk the ancient Inca streets of Cusco and admire the stunning architecture
Get to know Peru through its flavours on this Cusco tour that teaches you all you need to know about one of Peru's most unique creations – the Pisco Sour! Learn about the different kinds of Pisco while you walk through the bohemian streets of Cusco and be ready to prepare your very own Pisco Sour. We couldn't teach you any more about this legendary drink on this tour even if we tried.
Become a Pisco pro on this Cusco tour that will sharpen up your cocktail mixing skills, and help you to get to know local Peru culture at the same time. Because let’s face it, there are few better ways to get to know a nation’s culture than through its boozy creations!
Meet your friendly local guide at Plaza de Armas, the main square of Cusco and a place that has been the heart of the city since the time of the Incas. You’ll get to explore the square a bit — take in the sites of the Cathedral and the Church of La Compañía, as well as all the outstanding buildings that make this plaza one of the most beautiful ones in the world — before officially beginning your Cusco tour. From there, you’ll wander along ancient streets to admire the dramatic Inca Walls, constructed of mammoth granite blocks, side-by-side with colonial buildings. It’s here that you’ll also get to see a famed Inca masterpiece, the 12-angle stone.
Your Cusco tour will then lead you on a stroll through a beautiful small plaza, San Blas, located in Cusco’s bohemian, artistic neighbourhood. It’s here where you can find several artisanal shops, a handicrafts market, and the best views of the city as night falls.
Then it’s back to the order of the day: Pisco! As you wander through the city, your local guide will tell you all about traditional Pisco as well as fill you in on the distillation process, how this sour drink is made, and its place in Peruvian history. Our first stop will be at a local bar where you can taste a few different flavours of Pisco, and learn how to prepare the Chilcano, a cocktail made with Pisco, which is a very famous drink among locals.
Then we will continue to a bar with the best Pisco Sour in town and it’s your time to shine! Get your mixologist hat on and try your hand at making your very own Pisco Sour, using all the knowledge that you’ve picked up along the way on this Cusco city tour. And the best part? You get to drink it afterwards — salud!
- Local English speaking guide
- tasting of 3 Piscos
- One small chilcano
- Pisco Sour lessons and one Pisco Sour.
- Items of a personal nature
- extra drinks
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 3 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Cusco Pisco Making tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 July 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cusco Pisco Making tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cusco Pisco Making tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Plaza de Armas, right in front of the main gate of the Cathedral of Cusco.Meeting end point :
Local bar in central Cusco.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.