- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 3+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4150 meters
- Explore the ancient ruins of Choquequirao, the sister city of Machu Picchu
- Travel past the recently uncovered ruins of Picha Unuyoc
- Discover Machu Picchu at sunrise
- Trek through the Abra San Juan Pass (4150m). Enjoy great views of the Vilcabamba
Be part of a challenging yet rewarding trek. Spend a night in Cusco, an ancient city that was once the capital of the Inca empire. Discover the ancient ruins of Choquequirao, the sister city of Machu Picchu. Get the chance to explore the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu on the second-last day of the trip.
This 65km trek passes through lush jungles, deep canyons and a mountain pass 4150m above sea level on the way to Machu Picchu. If you’re up for the adventure, this is one of the most beautiful treks in the Cusco region. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Lima arrival
Day 2: Lima — Cusco
Day 3: Cusco — Cachora — Chikiska
Day 4: Chikiska — Choquequirao
Day 5: Explore the ruins of Choquequirao
Day 6: Choquequirao — Maizal
Day 7: Maizal — Yanama & drive to Lucmabamba
Day 8: Lucmabamba — Llactapata — Aguas Calientes
Day 9: Aguas Calientes — Machu Picchu — Cusco
Day 10: Cusco departure
- A professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Pickup and drop-off. Other transfers as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section or the itinerary
- Tips for your guides and drivers
- International/domestic airline tickets
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.